1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LONGLINING WITH ARTIFICIALS IN THE NORTH EAST

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

2. robq

robq Rockling

I am no expert on fishing with artificials for bass but I have had a few on plugs, none on fly or rubber yet but hope to remedy that this summer !!

If you read the saltwater fly fishing forum they say one of the deadliest techniques is just to fish flys and small rubber eels "dead" and just let the tide and sea impart motion to them :yes:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ill go with that Rob. When we had the forum trip on sea otter last year I was struggling to catch on shads. I studdied Paul who was catching well but I just couldnt see what he was doing. I then spat the dummy and whinged a little and he told me, to wind up 5 turns of the handle, stop winding and then let the shad work in the tide. My catches went up after that.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I would imagine that the south coast boys have devised a reasonably successful to make them work.

From a personal point of view,if i were going to have a bash at it,i would have corks/small bobbins every fathom and half or so to work them off the bottom.Maybe even use a floating headline off a net to keep it off the bottom and i would try shooting it slightly coss tide rather than straight down tide,this way the artificials would work better in the tide.. tight lines

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well good luck mart. If you need a fat pie man to help any time give me a call.

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Will pop in and see you mate,it's been too long.. tight lines pal

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I am about as thin as you now. Lol. Good to see you again mate.