1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LONGLINING WITH ARTIFICIALS IN THE NORTH EAST

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Mar 29, 2010.

1. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Absolutely fantastic reply. Killer reply in fact! ;-)

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Langy you sure are going round with rose tinted glasses on, it seems a lot of what has been debated on this thread has gone over your head,
    just please google the grand banks ,folow all the links ,and you will see that generations of fishermen ruined it for there family,s , and as you so elequently put it ,they were only making a living ,i admire your passionate reasoning but when you reach your fifties just look back and see what happened,
    i have seen it happen,and believe me you will witness it, and your children will not be able to make a living from the sea ,
    because if we all go along the root you seem to be going, IE ,it is there right to rape the sea of everything (to make a living) it will happen sooner rather than later,
    now back in the sixties and seventies ships ,coal ,iron and steel were the pride of this country ,but it died because people would not bend ,and so it is lost ,never to return ,
    and the same will and is happening to the fishing .

3. langy

langy Rockling

Do you think it's some sort of game or summat hahaha !

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Great replies Paul and Harry. Langy... Paul (bigcod) is a commercial angler himself, if you can call a charter boat skipper a commercial, and above most of us on here he has been around fishing long enough to have a very strong opinion that he backs up with evidence.
    At 16 you are starting out on your first job working on a boat...aren't you ? Surely you would want that job to be still there for you in years to come when you might have your own family to provide for.

Or is that not the case ?

5. langy

langy Rockling

Nope that will not be my job, i will be working with my dad who is a plumber.

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

So this was not about trawling.......it was about trolling !

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, video hosting site, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

7. langy

langy Rockling

And wats that ment to mean.. i have a right to my own fucking opinion and i wasn't set out to upset someone !! all that wat you have just posted is nonsense whats it about ??

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

9. langy

langy Rockling

whats it got to do with you what i do and dont do !! i am entitled to what i think about the sea and if anyone of you got upset by this i aint gunna lose no sleep coz i think commercial fisherman are there to do what they have to.. i didn't start this of as an arguement.

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

If that is not the case then fair does but surely from the replies throughout this thread there is a very strong difference of opinions.

But yes it is a forum and yes you just as the rest of us are entitled to those opions...whether they are actually justifiale or not......long live discussion. :wink:

11. langy

langy Rockling

why did you think i was starting an arguement ??

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Why....well on a predominantly "angling" forum...not commercial seafishing forum......your first post (look back at it) was always going to prick a few feathers.......this isn't a personal attack langy.....only a response to the thread.....but your frst post set things off didn t it ?
    Bit like going on a birdwatching forum and promoting pigeon shooting !

13. langy

langy Rockling

Not really each to there own. I don't have a go at you when you make your opinion on things

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You asked why it seemed like you started an arguement.....did you not really think it would get the response that it did ?
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion langy but this one has caused some passionate replies.

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Anyway it looks like this going round and round now.....as usual when a thread starts talking about commercial fishing it always ends up like this...........I certainly haven't taken anything personally Langy and you should do the same.

Tightlines. :wink:

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

One of the best ways i know they use to fish for cod out of scarborough was jigging, they use to go all over the north sea. There is some photos of a day on the boat in the shop. And to me you can not get more a better way to make sure the least amount of fish go back dead if any. I know they use to steam up to dogga banks and jig till the boat was full. But they use to put back fish under 5lb. And back then the size of a cod only had to be 12inch.

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well said Dave......Defo time to wrap this up , seems to be turning into a joke......

18. Dink

Dink Blenny

Ha! You all want to give your bl###y heads a shake! :yes:

19. GJW

GJW Rockling

I totally agree with Darren on this one the smaller comercial craft put very little pressure on fish stocks, its sustainable at this level and unfair that these "comercial fishermen" get tarred with the same brush as these so called super trawlers spending days, weeks, months at sea, that sort of comercial fishing puts added presure on the small time comercial fisherman as well as recreational angler. It was allowed to grow to big I.M.O and get out of control, and to much technology added to the pressures on fish stocks, not the small time comercial fisherman..

20. Dink

Dink Blenny

Nice to see someone talking a bit of sense there Gary, :yes: the " small commercial" boats, dont even get any quota at times, they also have very little, if any discards