1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long rod suggestions

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bow1, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bow1

bow1 Rockling

I gave brais a short try earlier in season and didn't like it but now think I didn't give it a fair trial.
    so im thinking of long rod/FS.

my question is what rods are suitable and can be bought used for max 100 pound.???

cheers lads.

2. Cliffhanger

Cliffhanger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've got a shakespeare k2 16", it took a bit of getting used to after using stiff 13" rods but after a bit of perseverance I like it now. They feel really floppy but cope surprising well in the rough stuff,when the rod gets locked into the mid section when landing a fish.You can pick them up for around £100 now too.

3. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looky here...

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35602.0

;D

Roger

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Saltburn angling centre had some 15 ft K2 rods in the other week for a 100 Quid , they are a nice rod to use and for me well worth the money

5. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I've done it for years and I prefer a nice tippy 14ft rod now with a fixed spool I use a zziplex m427 high flex wouldn't have a 16 ft rod given now there way too long and.Un balanced for me

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can recommend the vercelli's,but wouldn't use e'm in the ruff stuff,great for clean groud use...

7. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi mate I have a pair of 16 ft greys triplex and cannot fault them , you could probably pick one up arround the £100 mark second hand

8. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Glasgow angling had the Shaky Team Extreme Titanium in while back 100 quid, softish tip but then they lock up in the middle section, good value at that price, I think it maybe the same one big cliff suggested :)