1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Riots

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 25, 2010.

1. kipper

kipper New Member

its alright showing the upper lip captain but the fact is while the monarch, government officials, big business and the 25billion in lost taxation along with futile bids continue we are not in recession.

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Totally over my head that statement..................sorry just dont understand any of it. Would you like to elaborate or explain the relevance to the Topic please.

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Why didnt Dave and Nick say something about this mess you say labour caused.
    Dave and Nick sat on the other side agreeing with spending ,and telling us if they were in power they would change things.
    Tory voters though Nick was the new pretender.
    Some labour voters fell for their charm.
    Well we have five years of Nick and Dave and i predict a lot more riots.
    I certainly dont agree with the idiots smashing everything up.
    And whoever smashed the rolls royce up are typical cowards that go around smashing up our property while we sleep.
    I would chop their hands of if we were allowed . :angry:pB

4. newdave

newdave Guest

unfortunately not many of you are old enough to remember the state of the country before thatcher, we were in such dire straits that the IMF was calling the shots high rate taxwas 90% & our industry's were run by the unions operating restrictive practices that meant all our major manufacturing was collapsing due to an inability to compete on a world market.

but as someone said earlier all this who's responsible stuff is a waste of time. we should just accept that the country is in the shit & we cant just go on borrowing more & more. trouble is everyone knows this but wants the axe to fall somewhere else.

what really hacks me off is this idea hat the government is a large organisation that has loads of money & is being tight with it. The government doesn't have any money, its all ours & I want them to look after it a lot better than they currently do.

Oh & I wasn't having a go at you Foo. just pointing out that whilst you might think its outrageous that someone making millions is avoiding tax, someone on minimum wage might see you & I in the same light :wink:

5. foo

Fair point Dave and agree there is a lot more to the political side of the situation. Still cannot condone the violence and destruction in the name of the "Students" though, as far as I can work out that is likely to be somewhat motivated by a different agenda.
    And yes I see your point about Millionaires and minimum wages lol. :cry: :secret: :wink:

6. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Peaceful protests won't achieve anything. Can you imagine any political party taking any notice of a sit down protest in Hyde Park for instance? The only way to make these people understand the strength of feeling is to do something that makes them sit up and take notice and embarass them to the rest of the world. Unfortunately violence and disorder seem to be the most effective way to do it.

Nick

7. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Problem is very few of us get one these days. I hav'nt had one for 3 years, paying more for everything year on year, and slip several rungs down the ladder every year.

8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

When people stand up for their right's they are branded "red ragger's" by the government,but let someone upset the government..who sort's it out? the poor bugger's who are given a gun to go half way across the world fighting people they no nothing about,the very same red ragger's,while the fat rich political moron's sit on their fat arse's taking all the glory..couple of famous quotes;we'll fight em on the beaches "WE" were was he when he quoted this ,sat in a concrete bunker 20 ft under ground puffing his fat havana cigar's,while the rest of the country were living on ration's,then you have the great lady T wasn't "OUR"boy's wonderful today(falkland's conflict) and where the f..k was her lad,oh yes i remember he got lost in the dessert playing in his new rally car,it made bigger headlines than the falkland's conflict,...i'm no political expert just an ordinary working man who come's from a mining background and proud of it!!...at the the end of the day if you'r not one "old school tie brigade i'm afraid you are just cannon fodder...dont be kidded by any one.

9. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I would like to see the protesters fight for the disabled that are first to be punished by All goverments labelling them work shy and lazy because they have a disability.
    Its not a fair playing field out there for anyone with a disability .
    This latest goverment though have even payed the doctors to lie, by deducting points and makeing people have to live on a reduced benefit and go through more medicals and form filling.
    Just look at the kick in the teeth they gave voters with the child benefit.
    Yes were going to get more riots.

10. Bigrock

Bigrock Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

11. jimaru09

jimaru09 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When Maggie was in her prime one of her hatchet men in an interview said for Tory policies to work there has to be 3.000.000 unemployed so this lot should have no problems,the guy who made that statement was never heard off again

12. Bigrock

Bloody thatcher again!

There were 5 million claiming benefits back in may. Some looking for work, many not.

I remember a poster saying "labour isn't working back in the 70s". Same applied today.

The mess in the 70s before thatcher with the ImF calling the shots and tax rare in the 90% meant that the revenue got less tax as all the wealthy disappeared. Many people say good riddance bt when you consider 80% of all taxe revenue comes from just 20% of earners, we really can't afford to pee them off and let them run.

13. cleeclive

cleeclive Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

At least they won't be employing lots of extra fisheries officers to run around policing anglers, so there could be a plus side to the Tories in addition to the countries finances being sorted out!!

14. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Ive just attended a meeting today and been told that there is a lot of cuts comeing that will affect our rivers stillwaters and coastline.
    Maybe we will get the authorities the kick up the backside some of them need.
    They might start listening to the anglers who are paying their wages with our licence fees.
    Maybe we need to riot to get something done to improve our fish stocks.

15. Bigrock

Not sure what we are going to miss loch, i have no idea what they have done and how it's helped while theyve been around!

16. lochbois

lochbois Guest

You would have thought the new goverment would have cancelled the 2012 Olympics. We all know who Nick and call me dave will be blameing if we dont come away with some medals.
    Labour must have left them something in the bottom of the jam jar to pay for the Olympics to go ahead.Or is Boris paying.
    Did Dave and his millionaires have a whip round to pay for the World Cup Bid that failed costing £15 million.

17. Bigrock

Don't agree on the olympics loch. Already started and so may as well finish. Whether we should have bid a different question.

Imagine 100,000 tourists all comin and spending a grand in shops and other businesses. That's 100,000,000,000.

What's the issue with Cameron being a millionaire? Do you feel the same about Blair and harperson? Plus mandleson? Look at how the labour party, especially brown sucked upto the big money men and banks. If you think the current labour party are out for the working man, you are seriously deluded

18. foo

OOOOOOPS 100,000 tourists spending a grand each is £100 000 000 and not £100 000 000 000. Still a massive amount of money but just how much of it is actual profit for the country after the true costs are added up ? I would seriously expect whichever Party was in power to expect a lot more spending than this.
    Maybe thats how the Tories dont spend as much as Labour, They fudge the figures lol.