1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood Today

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mike_t, Jun 2, 2013.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

It has been almost a year since I last fished Lockwood, but a good friend has been asking me to go for weeks so as the yakkin was put on hold we arranged to go today.
    Arriving at 7:30 as I could not sleep and sat watching the water and a lot of fish down the tree line where you can not get to off the bank so I chose to take a boat out. My mate Nick stayed on the bank and my old man turned up mid morning to join me in the boat. The day started off ok with two fish within the first hour, my first fish a cracking 4lb rainbow that fought like stink, followed by a fish of about 2lb a few casts later. Speaking to Nick he managed a fish of 2lb on his first cast. I had another fish just as my old man turned up. Picking him up and heading back to the same spot I had another fish straight away again around the 2lb mark.
    After that the wind swung and the fishing went off, we tried a few other areas but to no avail. So a break for lunch then back out to the original spot where i went to loose two fish in two casts. After a while of trying with nothing the fish just came on the feed and I nailed another 2lber a few casts after that the line stopped dead on the retrieve and the fish on the end plodded off, saying straight away to the old man, this is a good un, and sure enough it was, a great fight where i was lead all over the place but while me knees were nocking me dad slipped the net under the fish. Weighing in at 9lb 2oz, my second biggest trout, I was chuffed to bits, truely made my day, the very next cast another fish and another eally nice fish around the 5lb mark.
    I kept three fish and returned 9, I found today it was harder than normal with the cool wind and the water was filthy, very dark from all the rain, but we had a great session. Nick had 7 fish and me dad had 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Nice fish mike

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Good session mate- nice to see more people doing well on there.