1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood opening day any reports?

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mozzer, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Opening day must have been quite windy up there any news :)

2. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hello Mozzer,

Just got back, had a cracking day. kept 3, biggest 3.8lb and returned 14 to approx 6lb. All taken on various lures.

I had 1 black and orange dancer in my box that was getting takes galore till it ended up in a tree. After that the rest all came on damsel or dawsons nomad.

didn't have a single pull till 12.30 when i moved onto the old slipway then it was mental till i left at 5ish.

3. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Well done :) probably be Monday before I get up depending on the weather

4. robmc

hopefully the wind will die off for you before then. it was pretty brutal up there and made a lot of the dam unfishable.

Lost maybe 8 off too, so there was plenty of action.

good luck for Monday

Rob

5. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Was it very busy?

6. robmc

there was about 60 there i think. i expected there to be a queue to get a ticket this morning but it was quiet when i got there.

7. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I fished opening day too and expected the same, got there a bit earlier just in case there was a few waiting.
    Had a good day, 21 fish and packed up a few hours early probably lost just as many if not more.

8. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Fished Lockwood today quite strong westerly winds, all the boats were sheltering near the trees on the lodge side, I was the only one on the far bank, there was a series of wind lanes in front of me it looked like a running track managed to catch a few, decided to call it a day packed up my gear and set off back to sign out but when I got near the life buoy they were rising so I quickly set up and managed to catch a couple more on midges, so not a bad day, what really made my day was when a rabbit swam past me ??? my mate said it must have been a hares ear :D