1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood beck

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by robmc, Mar 5, 2015.

1. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good evening,

Is anyone fishing lockwood this opening weekend? Have you fished it before at the start of the season and if so what have you found to be the best patterns?

I understand an intermediate line would probably give the best results but as I only have floating fly line im guessing a long leader and a gold head nymph or the likes could still do the trick?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

2. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

A black and green lure Is always a trusted pattern early season :)

3. robmc

Thanks Mozzer, got a few of them in the box so will be sure to give them a blast! :)

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

opening day pretty much any lure should catch. if you catch a few and it goes quiet, change to another colour lure, quite ften youll start getting fish again. As ian says, black and green works well. I like the dawsons nomad in olive and black this time of year. I'll be there in the morning

5. robmc

Thanks for the advice Silver Fox, much appreciated :)

Done ok there last season but i've never fished it this early on. Got a box full of lures so i've got a decent few patterns to try if the black/green doesn't do it, but that is what i will start with... then try buzzers once my arm is falling off ;)

Thanks again lads.

6. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

It was press day today ::) so they will have been caning them, I wouldn't worry too much about not having an intermediate I fish the bank most of the year and use an intermediate about twice a season, unless youre in a boat or on the dam wall you tend to find it soon snags the bottom

7. robmc

I'll be on the bank tomorrow, so as you say, the floating line should be fine. :) cheers mate

Looking forward to it!