1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood beck

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mozzer, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Fished at lockwood today, didnt go till late morning only 2 other anglers there,tried a few different spots then finally found a few fish biggest 7lb a couple of 4lb , 5 about 2lb and 3 roach all on buzzers, just goes to show if conditions are right the fish will feed but it seems at this time of year there is a small window of opportunity,i got them all in about an hour, cheers

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Ian

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one- I went up a week gone Saturday and they were firmly locked onto white lures.
    Got 2- best 4 and three quarters.

4. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

There has been quite a few caught on white fritz, cats whiskers etc, just cleaned my fish it was rammed full of pellets

5. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Fished today, my last session of the season, caught 3 biggest 4lb, no fish coming from the moorside at all , to be honest if your not on the boat jetty or start of the dam wall your chances are limited, overall its been a poor season, the warm spell really upset the fishing ive never seen so many dead fish

6. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Couple of good sessions, Lockwood has been hard this season due to the weather, hope it's a better season next year.
    Didn't get on much this year as I would have liked.

7. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

It has been a strange season, fish have congregated around the beck, jetty and stream areas for the last few seasons but never in the quantity that there was this season, ive never seen so many dead fish and fish in poor condition, mind you the 13 cormorants i counted one day arent helping.

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

and dont forget the extremely high water temps for most of the summer

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Aye- Summer was a nightmare. You could have walked over the fish in the becks- it was black with them.
    They didn't seem to gather round the sluice at the Whitby end though.
    As for the cormorants- I had a fish of about 3.5-4lb the other week and it had a hole and nasty deep scratch on its flank.
    Shame as it would have been in great nick apart from that.

10. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one mate. they feed much in the winter. never thought of giving it ago on the fly. i have 2fly fishing places 1mile from my house.

mick