1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood Beck

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Spud177, Mar 11, 2012.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Spud.
    There are going to be a lot more updates, pictures and info from Lockwood on this section in 2012.
    But, its you guys that make those reports so please keep them coming.
    I don't want to dictate what people put on here but it has the potential to be a great angling resource for regular local anglers- and I would say that Lockwood and Scaling Dam are the two most relevant trout fisheries to most of the anglers on here.
    Great fisheries in great surroundings that we are lucky to have on the edge of the moors.

2. Spud177

Spud177 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Amen to that

3. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Fished yesterday, very similar day to tueday but cold easterly wind,very few fish caught,the one i got was on an intermediate line close to the bottom

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

I had a couple of hours yesterday too for one fish , loads rising to little black flies, got mine on a damsel stripped back fast

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Sounds a difficult day Dan.
    Were they far out or tight into the bank?

6. Spud177

Spud177 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I went for 4 hours yesterday from 3-7pm. I fished the moorside with a bloodworm pattern, had 2 in the first hour, then lost one about 6.30pm.

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Less than twenty yards ian, water was black with little midges

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Promising for the time of year- shame this cold weather coming in might set it back a little.

9. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Lots of water cold peat stained water running in today making the lake very discoloured, with a cold easterly wind made fishing very difficult only saw two fish caught,although that could have changed as he was stocking 240 around t time