1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood Beck

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Spud177, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

There was approx 16 anglers yesterday,strong w sw winds which eased in afternoon not a lot caught ,the ones i got were on a black buzzer fished deep

2. Spud177

Spud177 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for that mozzer. Going up tomorrow for a few hours when i finish work.

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Let us know how you got on Spud!
    Seemed a nice day for it once it warmed up.

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'm there in the morning on a 4 hour ticket. Will let you know how I get on

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Good luck Matty.

6. Spud177

Alright lads, got a 4hr ticket and fished from 2-6pm. Caught 1 and had another 2 bites. Bloke fishing next to me had a lovely double on a black fritz, which he then gave to me and i caught my fish on it. So thanks to him i probably avoided a blank.
    Been 3 times to lockwood and caught each time, so really happy with how my start to fly fishing is going and hopefully will keep it up. Back up there on Sunday fingers crossed and hopefully a few more fish in the net.

Good Luck Fox

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

went today initially on a 4 hour ticket, but due to the glorious weather decided to stay all day. it was hard going with lots of fish rising to a carpet of small black flies on the surface, and flat calm for most of the day. I managed 5 in the end, most of the fish falling to buzzers, but I got 1 on a dry fly. Also caught 2 roach on buzzers :cheesy:

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one matty . certainly a nice day for it ...

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Trout of 13lb 8oz and 10lb caught today at Lockwood.

10. Spud177

I caught the 10lber, got it on a green diawl bach. Was hard after that with not many fish getting caught by the bank anglers

11. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Nice one Spud.

What was the fight like? Where did you get it?

12. Spud177

Fight was great mate, took me half way down to my backing twice and 3 times was at the net when it took off again lol. Got it in the net and my legs turned to jelly after the adrenaline wore off lol. Caught it on the dam wall, about 75 yards down from the overflow, took a size 12 green diawl bach.

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done spud thats an awesome catch. ive been fly fishing 30 odd years and only had one double, well done :yes:

14. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Sounds class.
    I once had a big flabby rainbow that came in like a sack of spuds.
    Yours must have been in great condition.

15. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Difficult conditions today felt like middle of summer, carpet of small black flies on the dam wall but fish did not rise for them, i caught on buzzers and small black lure fished on the intemediate

16. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Awesome fish very well done.

17. Spud177

Cheers lads, shocked me too be honest didnt think i would ever get a double, never mind on only my 4th fly trip.

Faulkus, was very lean mate, which is a thing i have noticed about the trout at lockwood and had a tail like my hand.

18. bucko

bucko New Member

Spud- I gave Gordon a ring today and he's going to e-mail me the picture.
    So, if you don't mind I'll pop it in the 'Members Catches 2012' thread.
    Its a fine looking fish.

19. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Spud. You've certainly got the season off to a flyer.

20. Spud177

Bucko, no problem mate