1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lockwood beck saturday

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by go go gadget, Feb 28, 2013.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Anyone venturing up on open day? Im going to have a go, just need to go to whitby angling tomorrow to buy a new rod and a few flies. Fingers crossed for a few fish

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

You biting at the bit Dan? Good luck for opening day, but i'd advise getting there early doors mate. What rod you gonna buy?

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'll be there

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/Shakespeare-Sigma-Fly-Rod-9ft-6
    This is what im getting i think dave, had a word with dan and he said that they aere the follow up to the oddesy and they are good rods. Will only get used once or twice a year so im not spending too much money on it

See you up there then matty, should be a good day looking at the forecast

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Should be fine Dan, and you cant fall off at that price. Anyway, good luck lads.

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Good luck chaps!

http://www.lockwoodfishery.co.uk/catch/Looking-forward-to-Opening-Day.html

7. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I was very tempted myself but give it a few weeks need to tie some flies up plus its the wife's birthday, think that would be the last straw
    All the best hope there are plenty caught and the weather holds, might go for a walk round

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

you only need a couple of flies for opening day, lures black and green. find the depth they are at and you cant go wrong. i'll probably blank now!

9. mike_t

Montana black green and gold head hears ear used to be my top early season flies.
    Old fairhful cats whiskers or dawsons Oliver never fail.

10. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking day for anyone going today, shame I couldn't make it, looking forward to the pics/reports!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

11. oneeyed

oneeyed Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How was the knew rod was looking at one my self

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Had a cracking day at Lockwood yesterday. Fished pretty steady all day. Ended up with 19 rainbows,.most fell to Dawson's nomad. Most fish were about 2lb but I got one about 4lb and this one 9lb 2oz

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk 2

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Well done Matty- great start to the season

14. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=438621899546460&set=a.111584305583556.18154.100001959610826&type=1&theater

15. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I don't know if that link is workingor not but if it does work it shows a photo of 2 fish caught at Lockwood beck yesterday with a combined weight of 26lb. Absolutely staggering.

16. mike_t

Cracking fish Matty well done, massive head on it. Was a nice day for it

17. bucko

bucko New Member

I went up today on the 4 hour ticket- lost one, got one and had a few more takes.
    Lots of fish still stacked up in that corner- including a couple of decent sized ones.

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done on getting one Ian.

Early season can be very hit and miss with the fish shoaling up in certain areas. I'd had a walk round last weds and seen the fish in that corner so headed straight there and it paid off.

19. mike_t

Bloom eck Foo just managed t get pics up they are two beauties. Well in mate

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

that fella was fishing opposite us on the high bank.