1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lockwood beck report January 2008

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Average weight of fish kept 3lb

The changeable weather with strong cold winds and Snow has made for some difficult fishing. Bait rods have caught in all conditions with fly rods doing best when the winds weren’t as strong.

Gary Varley caught six fish for 12lb 8oz over two visits all on Buzzer fished under an indicator from the holly bush to the bottom block. Bernard Fitzhugh returned a lovely 7lb rainbow.

Full report Here

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

At £5 for a sporting ticket I thing I'll have to get myself there to brush up on my fly casting. Never fished Lockwood before, which is silly considering I live 5mins away :crazy:

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

I went up on the day it went bait fishing and had 8 rainbows to 3lb and a brown of 5 lb. All but 4 rainbows went back. Got them on a bubble float and maggot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice fish (especially the Brownie) mate, well done. Whats the score if you catch a Brownie? Obviously, it has to go back, but what happens if its deep hooked which can be a problem when using bait.

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

i dont know mate :confused: 2 of the rbows were deep hooked so i obviously kept them but i would probably think you would have to kill it and throw it away. Or they might let you keep it. i think they taste crap anyway

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Browns are out of season after 3Oth September mate, unless it only applies to river browns, but i think its all browns to be honest. If i was you i would check with the owner (Gordon Byers) and cover yourself, if you fish it again during the winter.

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

in all honesty i think id rather put a brown back than keep it because you dont catch many of that size

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

True and its a cracking fish, well done

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Very nice brownie there matey, I'd be very happy with that :yes:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

well done gadget, top fishing. Does anyone know if Mick Ayton still does some fishing up at Lockwood ?

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Yeah he does glenn