1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood Beck Closed

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Davo, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thornton may be my choice as the 16th is on a Friday. Mark, I may have asked this before, but have you ever fished the Nidd on Bradford No1 water?

2. basha

basha Blenny

yeah plenty of times dave.
    its a case ov not sitting in one peg though bud,its not that sort of river.prebait a couple ov swims over a good area.the bules are well spread out on the nidd.sit and leave your baited swims a good hour before fishing.give each swim an hour max,bites usually come within 10 minutes of casting in,but my norm is an hour in each and no more.you can always go back to them later in the day.fish generally run to 7lb,had the odd 9lber but the fight twice as hard as swale fish.thing is with the nidd you got to like jungle warefare and long walks and most of the swims have a good drop to them so a long landing net pole is essential bud.beutifull river mind and a shorter rod is prob better than a 12/13ft.i use a chub 11ft rod with 2 and a bitt test it does me sweet on there.use as light a lead/feeder as possible they spook really easy,generally a simple link ledger does the trick on there.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers Mark. I like roaming rather than sitting to be honest. Might give the Nidd a go now on the 16th.

4. basha

basha Blenny

;);)

think the nidd fishes better early season aswell dave,far less pressured.the walks and undergrowth put all but the most dedicated anglers off,apart from the swims that are near parking zones,which is easy fishing but no fish.

well im gonna be quiet for a wk,gonna go fishing for mullet or watever fancies my bait in warmer climates,with a bitt of sticky vicky thrown in.......tight lines lads and get you all soon.

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers Mark. Enjoy your hols.