1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwood Beck Closed

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Davo, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

As a trout fishery. To be a coarse fishery from Apil 1st under NWA

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo Dave, apparently Gordon Byers isnt renewing the lease, been on the cards for a bit Im led to believe

3. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

He sent me a letter 2 weeks ago explaining he wouldn't be renewing the lease and thanked me for supporting him over the years, sad really but i could see it coming .The place changed about 5-6 years ago when they dropped the water level during the winter, from that point the fish started shoaling around the outlets from about June

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Now then Bri, hope you are well? I was talking to a mate who has had a season ticket for a few years now, and he said, that Gordon told him he might have had to do a years notice. But that didn't apply. Regarding the water level and fish shoaling Ian, my mate said the same. I only used to fish it a couple of times a season but, its a shame for yourself and other regulars.

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

A real shame, been fishing there since I was a lad.
    Anyone know what the plan is for the coarse fishing? only Roach and Perch in there at the moment, it could do with some Pike in it

6. brian carragher

It could even become an ATDAC water yet , they used to have control over it years ago and it would make a proper coarse fishery IF they got the stocking densities right and got the right mix of fish and for me that includes pike

7. brian carragher

Couldnt agree more Matt, mind you I've had 2 nice fish among the river fish this year, 2 over 20lb, 1 going 24lb 10oz the other 25lb 15oz , still trying for no.3 to round out the year

8. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi, was it Yarm and Thornaby had it for a few years maybe 40 odd years ago,?

9. brian carragher

A little more than that I think, I used to push bike there from Redcar when I was 13 or so and I'm 58 now , could be a cracking venue but it needs a massive spending commitment over a number of years to make a proper coarse venue

10. brian carragher

Think there was more than yarm and Thornaby clubs involved, could have been the forerunner of ADTAC , Association Of Teesside and District Angling Clubs, made up of Yarm, Stockton. Thornaby, and Darlington Brown Trout

11. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Back in the 70's it was Thornaby & Guisborough angling clubs that had it. There used to be shoals of bream in it back then. I was talking to Thornaby's sec the other week they are not interested in taking it on and it was talked about at at the ATDAC meeting.
    The water board are planning to reintroduce bream into it again.

12. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

I've also heard that you wouldn't be able to buy day tickets at Lockwood they will only be available on line before you go or you'll have to travel on to Scaling dam to buy one on the day.

13. brian carragher

Hmm, if thats the case then I cant see too many from Cleveland heading South then driving past the venue to Scaling and then back again to Lockwood

14. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Had a walk round Lockwood yesterday, not a sign of a fish anywhere not even a minnow. There's a notice on the cabin door saying coarse fishing £7 a day or £5 for an evening. Tickets not available on site you get them from either Scaling dam or Angler's choice Middlesbrough. There's a phone number you can ring and pay with a card but you have to do it in advance not on the day.

15. basha

basha Blenny

strange setup.
    surely there has got to be someone checking tickets on the bank or atleast checking for guys/galls fishing without one.why the hell dnt they issue on bank when checking for the above............mind boggles.

16. brian carragher

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

The warden from Scaling drives up a few times a day to check tickets, although i dont think many people are fishing it

18. basha

basha Blenny

season open soon anyways.......hello bules.
    trent awaits come the 16th:)

19. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cant wait Mark. Not sure where abouts I'm going on the 16th, but i'll be doing some trouting, and sibbing before that. Been laid up for 2 weeks with a chest infection, which as stopped me in my tracks.

20. basha

basha Blenny

meself n mozza are heading to sheldons on our club book.
    be the first time in a long time dave since i havnt fished the swale come opening.just gets a bitt busy and tends not to fish untill late evening the swale,so looking for a 3 o clock set off to trent.we cant get access untill 7....pretty well stocked up now bait n tackle wise,buying bitts n bobs each week.expensive going on this fishing malarky.