1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loch crinan day one

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by willybendit, Aug 27, 2011.

1. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

well after been picked up thursday dinner time me Daz and Paul sets off to fish loch crinan over the bank holiday weekend after the six hour drive towing the boat we gets to the camp site at loch gilphead paul as just bought a new tent and what a tent it is its massive three bedrooms and a lounge thats as big as a garage after about 2 hours we gets sorted goes round the local take a way for some supper and heads down for a good nights sleep up first thing friday and sets off round to crinan with the boat and pauls yak been the great mate i am i offer the paddling puff a tow out to the first mark ( never known one refuse) yet lazy gits gets to the mark and anchor down rods out and the wait begins after about 2 hours i said its about time we had a move as there is nowt doing what do you think paul you might be right up anchor and a quick blast towing the puff to our second mark again same thing nowt doing third mark and i said to paul i think we are going to blank its now 6pm after been on the water all day just then Daz who as never caught a skate before strikes into a fish ? is it on said I NO i think ive caught the anchor rope What can you feel out No its just heavy keep winding after a wile of winding the butt pad cross bolt snaps a bit of colour shows & Daz as caught his first Common Skate not a big fish but its the biggest fish Daz as ever caught YA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pictures to follow and a report on tomorrows catch ? tightlines Alain

2. spud

spud New Member

Well done Daz :yes: Gutted im not up there :cry:

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Get a gallop on you silly old fool and get some skate in the boat,
    and some pictures, and dont try casting from the boat we dont want another episode of the kirkleatham lob now do we :whistle:

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done daz you fat wessy puff. Lol. Keep at it lads.

5. rupert

rupert Blenny

Come on Al - shape up with the skate! :blindfold: :blindfold:

I'm sure you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Particularly that "Sleeve of Wizard" :laugh:

check out Borat High Five... Sleeve of Wizard!

6. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

It's about time daz :laugh: :laugh: Well done mate

7. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Someone ask paul about his 1hr+ tusstle with a skate.

Cheers Ducky, pot and kettle :laugh:

8. vrbanana

[​IMG]
    The little one from yesterday

9. vrbanana

This morning Alain and paul decided to raise their game and stated with some tent fishing practice

[​IMG]

Paul didn't manage to catch any more than a FB

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

This is me and Paul filling my Penn GLD 50 with 1000m of 80lbs Braid by hell it makes your arm ache then after the bloody clowns anticts today playing a load of pots for over a hour (thinking it was a fish ) the paddling puffs about dead tonight Ha Ha tightlines Alain

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Your welcome daz. Lol. Did he land the pots lol

12. vrbanana

It was hilarious, paul had the rod bent double holding on for grim death for an hour before Alain pulled in a rod we had in the boat, that was stuck hard and fast and the more he pulled the closer paul got to the boat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

This morning Alain and paul decided to raise their game and stated with some tent fishing practice

thought you stopped playing tents when you get to about 15 years old :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :whistle: