1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Gillnetters Filling Up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Feb 14, 2007.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The local gillnetter has been filling up with cod recently on monday they had 16 boxes of cod and yesterday they also had a big shot and that is not counting what the seals have took of them, and it appears to be alive with cod around half a mile off and in most spots they are just not coming ashore maybe the snow water has spooked it which i know for a fact codlings dont like the big temperature barrier which you can get with snow water but the fish are feeding on pipefish which is a moving bait that also gives the gillnetters a big advantage to help them catch fish.

2. mww

mww Rockling

Re: LOCAL GILLNETTERS FILLINGS UP

There was a netter shot a net right across the entrance to Cloughton Wyke around 10pm last night - was close in, right on the edge of the white water - not sure if it was a Whitby or Scarborough boat though.

Mart

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I suppose on the positive side at least they don't discard little fish.

4. Howard

Howard Blenny

They were shooting and hauling off Scalby on monday they must have been Bagging up cause not seen that for a while and there where gulls everywhere.
    Then just at back of them they were towing.

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

Ive been told that local gillnetters go on the internet and look at all our catch reports to find out where to drop their nets. Im reluctant to give away too much information on the websites because of that. If I had a bonanza night in my local area I wouldnt put it on the internet for fear of it being netted off the following day.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Can't see that Paul.

7. Paul grover

Paul grover Guest

What? Cant see it being netted off? Or cant see me having a bonanza night? lol

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

It does happen glen,thats a fact.Easy info for them,but what are we supposed to do?keep quiet? it only happens when theres been a good blow and its dieing away,seen the brid boats shooting from north landing,flamborough right to filey end of bemmo.

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

HMMM, i was doing quite well down port, lots of good fish, then i heard a rumor that the area was being netted to fook, hey presto the fish are gone, and it was gill netters aswell, maybe we should develop code boys, keep the sheizenhauzers away :(

10. Acko

Acko Rockling

They netted Skinningrove off last year when the fish showed up too. Why dont we just send them where theres no fish see how they like it?

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah but isnt it right that the fish are there one tide and not the next , ,i think theres a slight point to it but really cant honestly see it happening , maybe were to paranoid of having no fish for us to catch due to gill netters , if thats what we think , i know an aufull lot of pple who dont post for this reason ,and they also think everyone (us ) who reads the post will be on there mark the next tide or watever catching there fish lol... , i hate gill netters and all commercials but i think peoples heads are doing overtime ...., oops coffee break ,better get back to work lol....