1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

local big Shark

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Howard, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Howard

Howard Blenny

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11838351/Eight-foot-shark-caught-off-Sunderland.html

2. rupert

rupert Blenny

Neatly hooked in the scissors. :)

3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Anybody know, do you catch Porbeagles on the troll, or with live or dead bait?

Seen them swimming damn fast after tuna gear whilst sport fishing on a nature programme recently, and seem to recall them moving at 30 knots or something, like White Tips?

Two hours is back breaking work!

4. rupert

rupert Blenny

You can catch them on livebait, deadbait and trolling deadbaits.

When I met Chris Bennett earlier this year, (he's the official UK record porbeagle holder at 507lbs) and we talked tactics, he rated trolling very highly. It's not a method I've tried myself yet.

This is a good catch for sure, but at 8ft I'm not sure the weight estimations stack. The charts would suggest something around the 230/240 lb mark, pretty much the typical stamp we encounter off the Whitby coast.

5. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Once hooked a big shark off the mull . Was using a two hook flapper with size 2 hooks baited with lug tipped with fresh mackerel. It took a 100yds of line off me , jumped clean out of the water. It landed on my leader and that was that. My mate said to me , that was as long as my van. Glad it got off. Not that im a coward.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I like the way you say "Yet !!" Rupert. Which suggests you will be doing.