1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lobster/Crabpots for sale

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Acko, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Acko

Acko Rockling

I got 5 Lobster Pots for sale
    They are light weight. Hard wood Bottoms, Steel frame. Great size to put on a Yak If you want to drop 1 at a time? .
    Come and have a look?
    I only want £15 each for them.
    They Are brand New Too...
    Acko

2. Acko

Acko Rockling

Took a Pic tnite Brought 1 in put it on Sofa
    Very tidy little light weight Pots.
    Good for Boats/Shore or Kayaks Have you got your Shellfish Permits Lads?

[​IMG]

Well worth £15
    One Decent Lobster and Its Payed for Itself.

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

I have just been told in no uncertain terms By a friend Who knows about Kayaking
    It is not safe to attempt to lift Crab/Lobster pots in a Kayak It is out right dangerous infact.
    I know lads who do use pots in Kayaks however
    What is the general thought on Potting in Yaks Lads?
    I dont want to mislead anyone Infact I dont think I dare suggest Potting in a Yak is "Safe" until I find out more?
    Acko

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I would be happy to pull pots from my yak. I think it would take some getting use to but would be ok. I may be wrong have been before.

5. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Acko,
    I have sent you a p.m.
    Regards Ian

6. Acko

Acko Rockling

Replied Ian
    With my Tel number m8

7. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

I would imagine your friend Acko, is either a pot fisherman who wants to deter yakers from lifting pots or a kayaker who`s never tried it.
    I am a permit holder and do have my own traps, which I use when out kayak fishing. I can say the activity is quite safe and productive. I myself use the collapsible traps, both the small Fladen round ones and some larger traps that measure 3ft X 2ft, these are light weight and easy to lift.
    A proper creel is far too heavy to safely lift from the sea bed whilst afloat on a kayak.
    It all depends on what yak you`re using as well, I only use the traps off my BG

8. Acko

Acko Rockling

Lad I was talking to is a Yakker Its just his personal opinion I spoke to a few yakkers who use pots they all dissagree with him
    I got a bit worried tho incase I was giving out Bad Information I think experienced Yakkers are OK Not too sure about Novices tho?
    Sold 3 Pots only 2 left if anyones interested?