1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - Double Figure Cod Everyday Alll Week

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Aug 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Local lad Chris mangan had just caught an 18lb cod a personal best for Chris some real quality cod coming aboard full report later

Chris with cracking cod and PB

Attached Files:

2. johnny big revs

johnny big revs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: LIVE REPORT 18lb COD JUST COME ABOARD SEA-OTTER

nice one !!! john

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: LIVE REPORT 18lb COD JUST COME ABOARD SEA-OTTER

Looks like your down of Hayburn Wyke Paul ?

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - Just Caught !!

Yes glen a stormer of a day some cracking cod full report when I get home .

Paul

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - Just Caught !!

Well all i can say what a day we had on sea-otter 2 an 18lb cod was the best fish but there was also other double figure cod as well plus numerous cod between 6-8 lb a stormer of a day one lad paul from hull he had over a box of cod himself his best cod was around the 12lb mark a belting days fishing probabaly one of the best this summer for quality fish some cracking photos.

We headed south of whitby as the tides have started to ease over the last few days it all comes into play in that neck of the woods the weather was very good light winds sunshine the lads were well up for it the crack was good and shads were all on ready for action and it wasnt long before cods were hitting the deck we had a quick stop in the shallow water just up form robinhoods bay nessend cod soon came aboard but my intension was to go much further south it was just a stop off on the route the lads managed around 8-10 cod from under the cliffs one or two around 5lb so not bad fish but nothing on scale as to what was to come .

Gary landlord from the jolly sailors in whitby gets a cod around 5lb and it had a small squat lobster in its mouth it was actually still alive .

[​IMG]

local lad chris mangan he got a nice fish around the 5-6lb from under the cliffs but the best to come .

[​IMG]

Yound jack and his dad are on all week again they both got 2 nice cod on the same drift johns was the better fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then paul from hull got these belters one after the other but the best was still to come for paul.

[​IMG]

Little chris was on top form one after the other he has his eye on it.

[​IMG]

Even the odd nice ling came aboard but it was a more or less cod day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary kept rattleing them out.

[​IMG]

Local man clive was also right in the action.

[​IMG]

The rods bent over but one had something very special on the end of the line chriss kept saying this one is a corker and when it surface he we dead right .

[​IMG]

Chrisis 18lber his PB cod all i can say is the lad was buzzing wel;l done chris.

[​IMG]

But the day wasnt over for paul from hull paul was on top form all day fish after fish his box was over flowing but then this one came up that topped pauls day .

Pauls rod is arching over another good fish could it be another around the 20lb .

[​IMG]

Not quite bit still a belting cod it nudged the scales around the 12lb mark a bonny fish you fished very well paul.

[​IMG]

The lads with just a few of there fish what stacks of quality cod .

[​IMG]

All i can say is what a day the lads had the quality of the fish was awesome today a very enjoyed day all round the lads had a stormer.

paul.

6. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Re: Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - Plus Other Double Figure Cod As Well

Cracking report Paul, Some bonny fish there, Chris looks well made up with his PB. Well done all round

7. clive-p

clive-p Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - Plus Other Double Figure Cod As Well

It was a great day Yesterday. Still learning and what a boat to learn on. Thanks Paul. Will be back with you very soon.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers Carl Chris was like Cheshire Cat and Gary did have his tail between his legs excellent crack but yes a belter of a cod for Chris he was over the moon .

Paul

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was a lovelly day clive some cracing fish glad you enjoyed your day mate .

paul.

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

What a day, very well done to all

11. davealex49

davealex49 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks like it was a real red letter day. I waved at the boat from the pier as it left the harbour. It felt a fishy day but I lost the only fish I hooked!

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was Dave some bonny fish fingers crossed mate when your on next some cracking cod on board again today full report later .

Paul

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Live Report - 18lb Cod On Sea Otter 2 - more doublefigure cod wednesdayl

More double figure cod yesterday regualr chris dalby being fishing with me more many a year had 2 cod into double figures a right day for chris plus the othere lads also got amoung the quality fish some shots from wednesday.

John vero with a lovelly fish.

[​IMG]

Chris dolby with his cracking brace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Young jack was hitting some bonny ling .

[​IMG]

paul.

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

And now its jacks turn to find the big cod jack got this cod a cracking fish for the young man young jack and his dad john have been on sea -otter 2 all week and once again they have had a great weeks fishing today is the last day of there 5 days .

Young jack with prize cod well done young man.

[​IMG]

Father and son both hit good cod on the same drift.

[​IMG]

My old mate steve hoyle from scarborough managed himself a box of fish and this cod was his best a bonny fish.

[​IMG]

All in all a great week on sea-otter 2 the weather has now stopped play for how long i dont know and with the masive tides it doesnt look to clever.

cheers paul.

paul.

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Young jack finished his week off today with a cracking ling into the teens jack keeps finding them

Attached Files:

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hope the weather plays ball dave on your next trip mate could thee be a 20lber waiting for you its been a good week on sea-otter 2 the weather yesterday wasnt brilliant at sea a fairly still southeast wind picked up but still some nice fish onboard yesterday .

cheers paul.

17. jackling

jackling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks Paul for another cracking weeks fishing age in
    Jack

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Let's hope the weather settles down jack next week another chance for you to nail a 20lb+ fish .
    Paul