1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

live peelers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bibo, Jul 27, 2014.

1. bibo

bibo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wheres the best place to get some live peelers from as I need of some any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .thanks in advance .

2. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Buying or finding yer own?

3. bibo

bibo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Id be wanting to buy them

4. pmac

pmac Blenny

have a look on e-bay!
    they are not too bad to buy if you
    cannot get your own and a lot quicker.
    they work out about £1.20 each
    or phone the local tackle shops .

5. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Keith sports at saltburn gets them in, to order.
    Cheers Col.

6. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

lots of live crab kicking around mate, just frozen im struggling getting, most tackle shops have them in fresh but wanting 80p a fresh crab, to dear for me lol

7. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

On eBay at the moment 150 frozen peelers 80 quid

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Be very very very carefully buying frozen crab on ebay....lot of people out there who will rip u off. And yes I am speaking fro experience

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Just to add. The ones i have seen on ebay look like they are frozen in the shell and imho are next to usless as shore bait

10. robq

robq Rockling

A lot of work goes into preparing crab that are frozen correctly !

I would say 80p for good quality. properly prepared frozen greens is pretty cheap IMO

thats if you can find them for sale !

Most lads buy or collect fresh and then prepare and freeze themselves ;) its the only way you can guarantee the quality :)

As has been mentioned, watch out for the ripoffs ! I have known some bait sellers freeze their stinking dead crabs in their shells to be sold as frozen :mad: