1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ling Frenzy On Sidewinders Today On Sea-otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, May 18, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The lings today were hitting the rubarb and custard sidewinders full report later

Attached Files:

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Lets start again first photo was put up with tap talk cant alter photo shots pictures now on computer so here we go.

These ling and few more were hitting the the sidewinders today .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some nice cod as well today again on the rubarb and custard.

[​IMG]

Had young jack vero on saturday jack has never caught a pollock before so i said ok jack lets target them jack put a jelly and guese what within minuites he had a pollock on the deck not a small either a nice fish around the 8ln mark one of a few for jack on saturday.

[​IMG]

I get a sneaky feeling the shad fishing is going to mental later this week the algie looks to be on its way out fingers crossed .

paul.

3. jackling

jackling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fingers crossed hopefully some good fishing for me and my dad eh Paul ?

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great fishing again Paul

5. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Interesting that the Ling went for Sidewinders?. On most of my trips out, they were always caught on fresh bait!. Remember a few years back out with you in the Summer festival Paul, and everyone using bait were pulling up Ling, whereas my lad and me used Shads and were pulling up Cod and Pollock!.
    But as you say, everyday is different, there are no rules!.

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

With clearing water now jack the fun is now just begining just need the weather now jack .

paul.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Funny thing tony those ling do seem to love the 6"sidewinders rubarbs i can remember last summer in the festival everybody onboard was baiting for that big ling but one lad fished with a sidewinder there loads of ling onboard but guess who landed the 2 biggist ling the guy useing the 6"sidewinder the bigger the ling the more they like lures baited pirks was allways a favourite for the big crocodiles thats if you didnt get fast in the wreck first thats why sidewinders are so forgiving.

paul.