1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

nothing wrong with a good blank ray.. :wink: done it many a time and really enjoyed :cheesy:

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

It must be really nice not to have to ask any questions about fishing ..............................and heres me thinking only God knew everything.

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Come on now Foo no need !

The point has been clarified no need to jump on the back of it with low baller .

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Sorry Dave you have taken me the wrong way. I was merely trying to point out not everyone who "posts on here regularly" is an expert and sometimes needs advice.
    Yes I fully agree most questions asked by newbies have been asked over and over and indeed answered over and over but new members are perhaps not so familiar with the search engines etc. so thereby wouldnt know how to find the answer they seek.
    It has already been pointed out there is a certain elitist and I must add slightly patronising feel creeping into this thread that started as a simple question about flithers.
    Also judging by the amount of replies by, shall we say, experienced anglers, the bait is more widely used than realised.
    Would I use it on its own ?........NO
    Have I used it in the past when bites have been hard to connect with and finnicky ?...................... YES and even beleive it or not caught fish this way.
    Never once said it was a good bait though.

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ok Foo no worries....don t you think the thread has split slightly.....flithers upto whoever wants to try them.

The other point is about questions. This forum and the website are without doubt a massive resource as well as a fishing community's way of chatting.
    I haven t posted that I am sick of answering the same questions but some have and as those people are the ones who over time have offered the most advice I thought they had a good point.

I don't ask that many questions on here ....not because I have all the knowledge I need or I m at the top of my game and can learn no more....nah ..nowhere near that years to go before even experienced ......I use the search facility but it is clear from some repeated questions that either two things happen:

1. they can t be bothered to look first.
    2. They don't know how to use the search on the forum.

Our leader posted that the forum was becoming clogged up with rubbish.........now I m sure that wasn't aimed at every simple question posted and as was then later mentioned the site needs newcomers,experienced and all manner in between.

I mentioned the mussels thread because recently we have had numerous posts and threads on different baits and throughout all those other threads mussels have been mentioned as being a great bait, a simple search would have brought up all the answers straight away.

Anyway not to worry , sorry I got the wrong end of the stick . all the best.

Dave.

6. DB2009

DB2009 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The nice thing about sea fishing is the lack of restrictions,no licence, no rules except size limit,no restriction on method , bait , time of day etc etc.
    Therefore wouldnt it be nice if others viewed this branch of angling the same way and stuck together to protect it.
    Who cares what people do so long as they enjoy themselves.
    And in response to the post about Sandsend Car park with me wearing moon boots and a flotation suit well thats not me as I always wear a rubber chicken on my head at the same time.

7. Somerset Bouy

Somerset Bouy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How about pigs liver and other cheap meets from the butchers. Are they any good

8. woody

woody New Member

:tired: :sleepy: :whistle:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!