1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEADER KNOTS - BIMINI TWIST & ALBRIGHT - Shockleader Knot

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seajay, May 31, 2007.

1. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Re: leader knots

Speak to you all tommorrow :)

Dan

2. prof tench

prof tench Guest

So which knot did you go for Seajay?

T

3. wilky

wilky Blenny

Make it easy on yourself - use 80lb braid for your shocker and tie on with a simple grinner or uni knot - Ive used it for the past 2 seasons no problems, and am sure I get a few more yards out of it due to the extra compression you put into the rod that is no longer absorbed by stretch in mono.

4. newdave

newdave Guest

bit of an old one, but as its almost winter i though i had better try and perfect a decent leader knot. the Bimini is a bit of a black art that i don't seam to be able to get my head around :embarrass:, but even the spiders hitch has got me baffled. then i saw the post about using braid for the leader, much easier & I have got a spool of 80lb braid. does anyone have a view on this ? & what would be the strongest connection, the braid manufactures recommend the albright .

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Once someone shows you the Bimini Dave its not as complicated as it appears. Grab hold of one of the lads and ask them to show you :happy: