1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Lazy' fishing north of Aberdeen?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by PeterNE1, Sep 10, 2009.

1. PeterNE1

PeterNE1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks as though I could be up there for a week or two shortly, with naff-all to do most day-times except fish :happy: Can anyone point me at locations up there that are easy to reach and offer a reasonable chance of catching something, preferably with a decent spinning kit? I'm looking at an area maybe 20 - 30 miles north of Aberdeen itself.
    Thanks!

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

peterhead breakwater can produce a variety of fish including some good conger , the bullers of buchan is another mark , to the south of
    aberdeen nigg bay can produce some cod , a bit further south you have a multitude of marks , inverbervie beach , the south side breakwater at gourdon or the breakwater at johnshaven can all give superb fishing with a bit of sea on --- east / south east / south
    winds all do the trick

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I worked at peterhead powerstation when they built it and stayed in cruden bay at this time of year mackeral are in abundance of the peir i was catching them into october also a lot of sea trout run the beck which runs through the village.

paul.

paul.