1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Report from my summer trip to North East Scotland

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Aug 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Hi Guys sorry for the late report but better late than never. Also sorry I cant compete with the amazing reports by the bass club guys, plus Gary and Co in Arbroath, but I thought I'd share this with you anyway.

I had my annual trip up to Aberdeen to visit my mate John at the end of July.
    We fished at various spots around the aberdeen area.. Findon, Catterline and NewtonHill, plus a trip to Ethie chucked in.

The plan this year was to concentrate mainly on fishing lures but i took a few crab which never fail for those summer cod.

My target was mainly pollack but the pollack fishing was very poor, I think we had 5 between us up to 3.5lbs but we caught plenty of codling, although nothing over about 3lb.

anyway not a lot to say other than I had a great time despite no decent fish to show, and not many pollack, but the weather and company was great and thats what matters. heres a few pics of the trip.

john with a codling:

[​IMG]

one of my juicy crab baits:

[​IMG]

The weather was amazing, apart from the occasional patch of haar:

[​IMG]

me with a nice lure caught cod:

[​IMG]

John with a small Pollack:

[​IMG]

The cod kept on coming:

[​IMG]

Beautiful scenery:

[​IMG]

John with a "monster" cod

[​IMG]

We were told mackeral were scarce but i had a quick go and pulled a full string in on the first attempt, and a codling on the feathers next cast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ethie was poor, I really was hoping for some pollack but all i got was this small kelpie on a lure:

[​IMG]

john with another:

[​IMG]

Will got in on the action. codling on light gear is fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one of the few pollack, this one fell to a mackie spinner:

[​IMG]

and one last thing.. dont forget to check you can get back when the tides coming in !

[​IMG]

2. rupert

rupert Blenny

You did better than me on lures!

I was trying to catch my wrasse on a soft plastic from the shore in the Crail area if Fife over the weekend, but failed miserably!

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice work Matty. Im sorry about this, Ive probably asked you and Garry a million times before, but how long does it take you to get up there and where do you stay and what is the costs ??

Cheers again - Glenn

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I stay at my mates in Aberdeen Glenn so a bit further North than Arbroath. It takes me about 6 hours to get there. The fishing is into very deep water, whereas the arbroath area is a bit more shallow and kelpy

Im sure Gary can give you more info on accomodation around arbroath

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im wanting a couple more trips away before winter sets in proper. Maybe Arbroath could be one of them.

6. limpet

limpet Blenny

great report and pictures matty 8)