1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last saturday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robert123, Aug 2, 2011.

1. robert123

robert123 Blenny

Had a walk along the West Pier at Whitby last saturday. I didn't expect to see much action following the latest weather we have had. And I was right, I only saw one mackeral caught by a chap who was casting across the mouth of the river. But, there was a chap who caught six makeral earlier on(iwent on about 1600 hrs). What I want to say is this man is a credit to fishing, I heard himgiving advice and help to anglers who it appeared were new to spinning etc for mackeral. He not only stopped his own fishing to offer help and advice etc, I even saw him give some of his own fish away. He even filleted them. I think his name was James. Well if any body knows this man, please give him a pat on the back from me. It was really nice to see some one prepared to give their time and help to new starters, people with very little experience of sea fishing.
    I know the weather has been bad lately but, hjas the fishing got ant better this week?
    I hope(weather permitting to be back in a couple of weeks to try my own hand at spinnijng off the west pier)
    Cheers
    Rob.

2. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Allways good to see Rob,an it costs nowt to help :yes: