1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last night at RHB

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by richie7, Oct 25, 2011.

1. richie7

richie7 Blenny

After 3 sessions with only a Rockling each time I had to bag a cod to get my season underway. But it was a wild and demanding night last night in RHB !!

I started with a couple of casts in a runner I’ve always fancied but never had a proper crack at. Unfortunately the wind was just too bad there, ripping line off the reel on the cast and getting dragged all over even when trying to compensate for it. It was hard just standing up down there and then to top it off my tripod holding my bag crashed to the floor as the leg bracket broke. The tripod was ditched in a safe place to collect on my return and another move was in order.

There were a couple of lads were I was going to go and a pile of floating weed just past them. I headed for another mark knowing it was a little early to get on it but I totally missed it and ended up on a scaur I’d not fished before :embarrass:. Oh well a big bait was belted out into a head wind.
    I thumbed the spool and 20yds of line was blown back over my head geez this was tough going.

The slack was taken up and I started to question things water colour, wind, weed, bait quality,
    venue selection etc etc …………….bang bang fish on! A strong fighting 5lb er was uneventfully slid to my feet! Yeeha I’m off zero.

[​IMG]

Another chuck without a touch and a move to where I should have been. 2 casts later a couple of nods and a slack liner saw a 3lb cod in the bag. Another couple of casts without a touch and not having a tripod to keep the bag dry saw me leave for home with a little smile on my face :cheesy:.

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done richie, a couple of nice fish for your efforts, well deserved. aye it was a wild old night, i nearly got blown off the rock i was stood on a few times!

3. bow1

bow1 Rockling

NICE FISH MATE,WELL DONE!

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

good session mate, nice to see some nice bags coming out now
    well done
    Paul

5. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

decent session there rich, nice to see you were rewarded for your efforts im gutted im working lates all week especially withall these reports of fish :sad:

6. mike33

mike33 New Member

Few nice fish there..............good photos aswell................Mike

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done. It's when you get a few fish on a wild nite you work out why you do it.

Tigjt lines