1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last chuck of the season.

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bobthedog, Mar 10, 2017.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You were lucky Mark, been a few occasions where the police divers have been down there to get someone out of the tree roots

2. basha

basha Blenny

ive prob took too many risks over the yrs bri,specially not been able to swim lol.
    worst one was at broken scar.beutyfull day out trotting a stick,waste deep and there was a sudden flash flood.not good when uve got a platform with all your gear stuck in the middle of the river.managed to get meself out but sadly lost me platform and all its contents.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Yeah that pool is really dodgy. The first time I walked from Ayton to little Ayton along the river fishing must have been about 1971 or so. When we got near the bridge we saw two blokes with two big trout. They said theres plenty in there. They went and me and my mate fished the same tiny pool they'd fished. I went home with takyhomer, and caught several more fish. We then cycled there every day practically to get there for about 5 oclock. The same pool never let me down once. I always went home with a fish. There was a reason for that though. The river was stocked with trout from Ayton AA. A lad from school always wanted me to show him were I was catching from, but I wouldn't tell him. Then one day I showed him and he just laughed and wouldn't believe me. We walked down river a few hundred yards and then we seen a load of splashing. It was a trout about 5lb chasing a shoal of minnows. That sort of shut him up. I also used to walk over Little Ayton bridge, cross the field and into the wood behind the house. The fish were all wild in that section. I still fish the Leven at Weary Bank down stream for big trout and grayling.

4. basha

basha Blenny

getting back to the priory dave.just been talking to a mate of mine ste.
    they'v got new board up(rules).
    its open for fishing again,just a heads up mate.not quite sure who's running it or whether or not more fish have been introduced.
    might get a run up nxt wk and make a few enquiries.ile post up what i find dave.

5. basha

basha Blenny

quite fancy getting my little 4 weight fly rod from loft and giving ayton a go.yrs since i fly fished and it used to be danby when i was in preston park angling club and done the odd bitt at limber hill at glaisdale.

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers Mark. Lets hope something comes of it. I'm in Guisy now, but have been in Thornaby and Yarm mainly for the Leven stretch. Ive fished it a lot and ive only seen one other angler there.

7. basha

basha Blenny

i know guisbrough have salty beck above the falls,do they have any other waters?.
    there isnt a lot about the club on the nett,i was enquiring yrs back and im sure you had to be guided in by another member,quote me if im wrong.i know they put a lot of parr and brownies in,was it last yr or yr before.

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

They've got Salty Beck, the Esk between Castleton and Danby, the Leven from Wearey bank downstream and a small pond off Wilton Lane. Salty beck got polluted so the EA gave Guisy some compo to stock it. The EA stocked it too, I'm led to believe. They usually have vacancies, so you should be in with a shout if interested.

Guisborough Angling Club

9. basha

basha Blenny

get me some details dave prices etc,may be something to think about with it been local.is the esk fly and worm?.
    and this pond of wilton lane does it have much going for it.

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

Ponds got some big perch in, chub, roach etc. Some members love the place. You can drive up the field and park right next to it. Its somewhere close to go at a drop of a hat. Esk is worm and fly and spin for seatrout, as is skelton beck is too. The Leven can be fished all year practically, with it holding chub and grayling. I think initially price was about £62 first year, then 42 after that. The club don't offer fishing like the big clubs do, but its local fishing and the club is very friendly, and flexible when it comes to paying your subs. Ill drop you a pm with an address and number.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Basha,
    I hope I've sent you a pm re: Guisborough club. Not to good on this technical stuff.

12. basha

basha Blenny

cheers dave and recieved bob........cheers lads