1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larners Lake

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mozzer, Feb 15, 2014.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

I was thinking about joining larners this season after hearing a few good reports about it, also cheap fishing at £100 for the season, i had also heard that they have a weed problem but are getting a cutter in this year to deal with it, anyway i went for a look and found it after a couple of wrong turns and cant say i was over impressed. The road to it is poor and was cautious about catching the front skirt on my vehicle as it is rutted through tractors etc using it. The lake is a figure 8 shape with a bridge across the centre which looks like it is due to be replaced as there was new steelwork nearby, there was a lot of weed and it looked difficult to find many clear areas i may give it a go later in the season, a day ticket is only £10.

2. hooked by the sea

hooked by the sea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi mozzer you should take a look back up mate, I'm a member there. The weed has all been cut and treated, the bridge has been replaced, road repaired and is currently getting all new platforms and is fishing well pal.

3. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

A couple of my mates bought season tickets told me they had been busy with the road and platforms, they havent been going much as they then bought a season ticket for lockwood, they said there was over a 100 season ticket holders at larners, seems a lot for a small place

4. hooked by the sea

I have never once in a good few years of fishing there, ever got there and struggled to find a peg

5. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi, have the fish been feeding on beetles recently at larners?, the water is covered with them at Lockwood

6. hooked by the sea

Not seen any. But it's been fishing Well on dawl Bach and black buzzers

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

is it just rainbows up there, and what sort of size are they

8. hooked by the sea

There is rainbows Brown and blue trout up to about 7 pound. I have seen some big brownies jumping look over 7 pound but never seen them caught

9. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Those big brownies ain't daft, they're looking to see where the anglers are then shoot off somewhere else to have their fill ;D

10. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Joined Great Ayton Anglers this season who run Larners lake and have really enjoyed it, well run by the members and a good group of lads who really care for the place.A wind turbine was installed to aerate the water and they had the weed cut in July so have invested quite a lot of money in it.

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

Gonna join again for next season Ian, as I let my membership laps last year.

12. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

They are proposing to put a better path around the north lake to make access better to the 3 pegs on the squelchy side, also possibly introduce grass carp to control the weed.