1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large cod at runswick this morning

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Benq23, May 29, 2009.

1. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Met sam at runswick this morning and paddled out to find the silver fox, was a beautiful morning as already posted in mattys thread, got out on the water about 7:30am, last part of the flood tide,
    heading out intot he bay I noticed an unusual sight, a yellow thing bobing just under the surface, further investigation revealed it was mattys kayak trolley, last seen around the rock armour :laugh:
    got out about 1.5 miles and started drifting over ground I had covered yesterday in the hope of similar results, I was rewarded with a fish of 4lb on my first drop, and about half an hour later I thought I had snagged the bottom (again)
    but it turned out to be this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    weighing in at 7lb 4 oz, beating yesterdays personal best cod
    again the fish werent exactly throwing themselves on the boat but the stamp was excellent, I ended up landing 4 cod, not one under 4lb, and a very small pollack.
    sam got a lovely cod too, not sure on the weight but I reckon it was at least 5lb, he had a few more, again all good size fish
    we had just stumbled upon a pocket of fish when the wind blew up and ruined the day.
    still been out two days in a row, cant complain

2. Acko

Acko Rockling

Very Well done m8 Cracking fish
    How far out do you lads Paddle when yr fishing Runswick?

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done ben cracking fish. love the new yak by the way

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Ben, your getting rather good at this lark, better keep an eye on your yak as we dont want this one developing leaks do we, now weres my cordless drill? :whistle: Seriously though, cracking fish from mine n Spawneys favourite ground :happy: Well done on the new pb mate.

It was roughly this time last year Sam had his big fish from Runswick wasn't it?

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Tis a nice fish that Ben, you are starting to make this kayak fishing marlarky look easy :cool:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

ben you should have got a bigger yak, you will not be able to get all these big fish in youare catching.

well done mate fantastic fish

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done ben, great fish for a new p;b mate

tightlines

8. Dink

Dink Blenny

Is this " the mule" i heard about on the vhf this morning!!! :wink: :laugh:

9. Benq23

Lol yes it is, as you can tell from the radio call you heard I was rather excited upon seeing the beasty coming up :embarrass:

10. Dink

Dink Blenny

Yea mate lol,, very nice fish though well done!!!

11. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish mate hope theres somemore about in the morning for me would be well happy with that :happy:

12. mr softee

mr softee New Member

Well done Ben you seem to catching a few these days , might have a fiver on you at filey.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Ben, Nice fish mate. Shame the weather is turning just as these places are starting to produce the goods. Lets hope for a long settled spell soon so we can see more quality fish coming out.

14. Benq23

Hope so glenn, would really like to get on the same mark on a smaller tide. I lost a good couple today that felt rather large, maybe with a bit less tide running I'll be able to pass them slower and get a few more good hookholds, cant whine about lost fish though Im over the moon with what Ive got.
    Ive been continually surprised by the quality of the fishing recently. in the past week I have caught cod, pollack (very small but pollack all the same) ling and pouting, all just jigging. and the fact they came on the homemade hokkias makes the whole experiance a lot more gratifying, cant thank the lads who've put me in the right direction enough. I now have some excellent marks memorised which hopefully will see some great sport through the coming few months., that is as soon as I make up some more hokkias............now wheres my jumper????

15. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

You certainly are putting the time in Ben and it`s paying off. Well done mate on a cracking fish, you have raised the bar for everybody, hope you can improve on this one next time you`re out.

16. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

wherabouts were you off filey then, cause ive been told that the bays good for dabs!!