1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Large Cliff Fall At Port Mulgrave - Be Very Carefull

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mike, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mike

Mike Blenny

This is all over facebook so I thought I'd let you guys know about it:

Staithes Coastguard are urging everyone to keep away from the coast near Port Mulgrave after a large section of the cliff has collapsed into the sea.

We fear there could be further collapses as the coast along the popular long distance walking route is now potentially very unstable, there is currently no access onto the beach at Port Mulgrave.

Because of these landslips, the surrounding area may well be very unstable.
    We are urging everyone not to cross the cordons or go to the cliff edge further along and try and look down at the collapsed cliff.

The areas affected are all access paths down to the beach at Port Mulgrave and sections of the Cleveland Way footpath between Runswick Bay and Port Mulgrave. It is remote and anyone who gets into difficulty would have problems summoning help.

Please dial 999 for Coastguard Rescue in any emergency at the Coast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike

Mike Blenny

Had a look down this morning & it's bad the path has gone, I was talking to 3 local lads that have sheds down there & they said they cant get down very easy, there is a way but it's very difficult ( you go through the bushes or something) btw it's taped off by the CoastGuards.

3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best