1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lakeside fisheries nr pocklington

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by woody, Jan 16, 2008.

1. woody

woody New Member

http://www.lakesidewebsite.com/

Every now and again you come across a fishery that’s virtually on your doorstep, Lakeside coarse Fishery at Bielby, nr Pocklington, 12 miles south of York is one of those.
    I had seen the signs for Lakeside on the Hull/York road many times but never gave it a second thought

The fishery boasts a large head of mixed fish including some big bream up to 10.5 lbs and carp up to 27lbs

The 6 acre lake is set within a caravan park and is an extended gravel pit having been excavated some 7 years ago by the present owner, Richard.

They say first impressions count and as we drove down the gravel driveway into the car park the lake came into view and those impressions were Wow!
    Neatly manicured grass, established plants and trees and not a piece of litter to be seen surround the lake. :happy:

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Woody, I use to love this place, a fantastic fishery, well stocked and immaculate. The owner never really use to allow matches but our club was allowed a few knock-ups in the winter. Big carp and tench plus a load of huge dustbin lid bream imported directly from Ireland. Not sure how it fishes these days as its been a few years since I have been, the lake is part of a rather select caravan park with very few pitches and no children allowed. Fond memories of some great bag-up sessions...

Only one good bit of advice I can give...........fish into the wind - all the fish in this place seem to follow it...

3. woody

woody New Member

its the same with a lot of places i go in summer ken :wink:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

ye I know mate but this was one of those places were it seemed every damn fish stocked was shoaled up tight onto the windward shore, if you didn't get drawn with the wind in your face (usually on the eastern bank) you may as well go home. :cheesy:

I remember floating pole spraying pellet over the top was a killer here but you use to get smashed up far too often, was much more fun fishing a waggler and feeder.

5. macky

macky New Member

Cracking venue

used to fish it all the time
    had some huge bags of bream,tench Ide and chub

6. woody

woody New Member

i neva knew u were a course angler macky :happy:

7. macky

macky New Member

yea mate

just cant get my head into it again, still got all my gear in the loft doing nothin! :laugh:
    should really find time to drag meslef off the beaches and hit the ponds again in summer :surprise:

i used to fish another pond just round the corner from lakeside, it was a syndecate pond known as "kens pond"
    was alsorts in that one, barbel, carp,tench,chub,gudgeon, ide,grass carp,orfe,goldfish,eels,perch,rudd,crucians,bream,roach,
    used to be very deep, 14ft under the rod tip

ahhh! memories :laugh:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Bit like you macky, still got all the gear, even polish it off now n then, other than the odd day locally in the summer I dont think I could ever go back to it, fond memories...would break my heart to put it all on ebay