1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake just outside Lingdale....

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Jacko44, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

I think the lake has gone under more than one name, Claphow Res, The Gill, it is on the road from Lingdale down towards Skelton. I understand you can buy tickets to fish it from Carp Crazy in Charltons, I was just wondering if anyone had fished for the Carp in there and had info on the place as I drive past it to work every day and it could be an ideal little place for some evenings after work!

Cheers,

Jacko.

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I live around the corner from the lake but have never fished it. There was a sign stating that tickets had to be bought in advance from Carp Crazy but that was taken down back in summer, would of thought Carp Crazy will know what is going on.

3. bucko

bucko New Member

I spoke to Darren at Carp Crazy earlier this year and he was still doing tickets for it then.
    With regard to other species from carp- I think Go Go Gadget has had a few bits and bobs from there in the past.

4. Jacko44

Jacko44 New Member

Heard from Darren yesterday and he said that the lad who was running it as a day ticket water has had to give it up and that as far as he knows it is just back to a bit of a free for all. Cheers for the replies lads.

Jacko.

5. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I had fished it a while back did some cracking perch and roach. Have been told of carp in there but not seen anything first myself. Heard all sorts about it rumours pike, catfish all sorts

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Lots of rumours surrounding the place, even one about local gypsies "protecting" it. One thing for certain is there is some quality roach and roach hybrids definitely in there. There are rumours of double figure carp but I am afraid thats all they are as no one can provide any evidence of capture.

7. andym

andym Rockling

Ive not walked around it for over 15 years but I know first hand it used to have some carp in over 20lb and massive shoals of what looked like quality Rudd all taking bread off the surface but have heard of a lot of fish being killed by run off from the surrounding fields

Lovely looking place but I wouldn't be too keen leaving my car at the side of stanghow road for any length of time!

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

A lad on my facebook had a ghosty about a pound and ive seen a couple cruising about up to 6lb or so. Seen roach perch tench(must of been caught a lot as it was the scabbyist thing ive ever seen) rudd and gudgeon(huge ones)