1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake District Trip

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattylamb, Jul 12, 2008.

?

Which Weekend?

1. 26-27 July

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2-3 Aug

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 9-10 Aug

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 16-17 Aug

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 23-24 Aug

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Right a few of you have expressed a wish to go on a trip to the lakes in search of Pike and Perch etc. so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and do a poll for the date.

i think we have agreed on Grasmere and Rydal for the destination as they have plenty of access and arent too big. Also have a fair bit of bank away from the swiming dogs and kids.

I've gone for 2nd and 3rd August

Any other suggestions are welcome but I want to get this sorted ASAP

as for camping, If anyone knows of a nearby campsite please let me know and I'll make enquiries. Preferably one we can book once we have numbers. pub closeby would also be useful :cool:

Kayaks welcome, but not everyone will be a yakker , I will probably have 1 day on the yak, one on the bank

Cheers!

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I've gone for the 2nd/3rd because you'll be driving me there lol :canadian: (beggars can't be choosers!)

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

bit presumptious there ! you have a car dont you? :hurt:

4. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

i'm just waiting of the nod from our lass else me jewels'll be in a sling, just tell him you aint got a car no more matty so he'll have to get his an fixed an take you instead lol :canadian:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass:

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

sort my steps and decking out this week and it'll be fine!

might even take you to the forum match at hilston on the 31st Aug if you do that.

7. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

haha matty 'the whipcracker' lol :evil:

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Tell me about Phil, he's worse than our lass :whistle: :hurt:

9. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

:scared:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

ok ok, maybe not that bad :cheesy: :laugh:

11. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

ritght i can do either 9-10 or the 16-17
    found a solution to the yak problem http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANANA-BOAT-COMMERCIAL-GRADE-4-6-MTR-BY-MAXX_W0QQitemZ250267333123QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250267333123 lol hope you got you're paddling arms ready sambo cos you're towing me :canadian: theres probs room for a few more £10 per trip anyone?lol

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

That looks great Phil but you will have to keep the pikes teeth away from it :laugh:

As for the trip, it only seems to be Me, Sam , Phil and possibly Davo who are interested so lets forget the poll. I should be ok to go on either of those weekends phil so lets say 9 -10th August as the date for now.

Rydal/Grasmere as the location. If we don't get any more non-yakkers then I wont take my Yak either as it wouldn't be fair to leave phil on the bank while we bag up on double figure Pike!

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

...yeah right lol have you seen sam catch the bull rush's???? lol hopefully i'll have some prize winning jerkbaits made by then so i'll whup ya's all lol

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Those dates sound good to me. I'll have to take my kayak mind you as Phil would look pretty stupid just drifting along on his banana boat :laugh:

I know a few other guys with kayaks that would be interested (not on this forum) in going, perhaps Shirley Bassy (Ken) would be fancy it as he likes a bit of Pikin. I'll have a word with a mate of mine down south that I go fishing with that could be interested (no kayak though).

Would be worth taking the yaks, if nowt else just for Davo & Phil to have a practise out on them before they go buying one :wink:

15. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

nice one lol do you trust us that much?lol
    will i need a dodgy glove like yours to take with me? :canadian: that thing stinks :surprise: :laugh:

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Your glove would stink if you had it stuck where I did :whistle: :butt:

17. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I really don't want to know!

19. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

sam told me you borrowed it matty then gave it back :suspious: :canadian:

20. mattylamb