1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladders on the Brigg

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pollock Kid, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

Just wondered if any one can shead any light on who put the ladders up ?
    it's something iv'e always wanted to know !

cheers pollock kid

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I think cps who is a member of this site fixed the latest ones and probably made them too as it,s his line of work.

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

chris defo put the green rock ladders there and i'm 99.9% sure it was for scarboro council as it is an emergency exit.

not sure how we'll go on when it wants replacing ,what with all the health and safety regs :surprise: suppose it will be safer to drown then climb a ladder :cheesy:

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

lol....or be accused of being reckless and effecting the fishing on the Brigg for everyone by going down in the first place...lol... :wink: :wink: :wink:

5. cps

cps Rockling

scarborugh council but it wasent me or me old fela who put up the latest ones at green rock or black hole but we did repair and replace some of the sections on the older ones but wasent asked to do the new ones, thank god bit of a chew with 250 kgs of ladder down the cliff

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

all you need is a circle cage welded off the ladder, this reduces the chance of falling and meets current guidlines, not to hard to fab iether :wink:

7. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

Cheers for the replies lads,

(all you need is a circle cage welded off the ladder, this reduces the chance of falling and meets current guidlines, not to hard to fab iether)

Is that a hint for CPS to repair the existing ones ! LOL :laugh:

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

makes it a bit awkward for climbing down with your rod though. I,ve seen cps carrying those girders and he could manage those ladders no probs :cheesy: you,ve got to appreciate those ladders though, hope health and saftey lot don,t intervene.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You can sort of see it in the long run though Ray. Hope they dont intervene but .............

10. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

(you,ve got to appreciate those ladders though)

Certainly do, :yes: saves a bit longer walk or a dogy do do rope !

11. robq

robq Rockling

I think the inshore lifeboat and the Air sea sescue chopper would get a lot more business lifting off the tourists in summer if they removed the ladders !! :surprise:

12. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

they already get loads of business as well with all the daftys from the camps :yes: like this

http://www.fileymercury.co.uk/news/Coastguards-in-rope-warning.4204832.jp

the amusing thing is they went down the worst rope and couldnt be arsed to come up the easy one ,which my kids were climing when they were 8&9 year olds,might be something to do with the mountain of larger cans they leave behind ....... :angry: roll on winter :yes:

13. robq

robq Rockling

nuggets :whatever: :whatever:

the chimney hole rope is nowt really as I remember it ?? a few years since I have been down there though !! Big rope at casty was quite steep though but I think its gone now ??

14. pikeman

pikeman Blenny

wec.

your not joking was digging worms today heard a noise looked up and two idiots were sat right on the edge and it gave way under one of them he just managed to hold on but his legs were dangling in mid air, helicopter had just passed thought he would have to come back and pick a body up.
    pikeman