1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kettleness Kayak Fishing - Kayak uptiding & other trivia

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It,s good to know that non yakkers read the reports with interest :happy: At times it,s hard to judge what others, who don,t share the same intrests with us are thinking. The post was exceptional I thought, with a beggining a middle and an end. On top of this there was information, great pics and humour not to mention fish :surprise: There,s also been other posts which have been brilliant, young langy's a few days ago deserves a mention too, well done :happy: Keep them coming everyone and I for one am really looking forward to the summer posts, regards Ray.

2. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

I gotta admit the first time I heard of the idea I thought 'thats not for me'.

It's this posting thats sold me the idea, now I've seen a few photo's and read about others experiences I'm interested.

It all looks good fun to me :wink:

3. robq

robq Rockling

I was thinking about Kayaks for about a year before I got mine but it was Quints artical on yak fishing bemmo, and having seen him yak fishing off bemmo in autumn 2006 whilst I was fishing the tops that really pushed me into it :yes: :yes:

I have to admit that I was'nt sure about the results and rewards that it would bring, however the reality was far better than the dream :surprise: :surprise:

Some days you could have filled the Yak twice !!

If anyone is thinking about it then just take the leap :yes: :yes:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Lots more pictures in the gallery too.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/members-gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5

:wink:

I've just changed all the site pictures into a coppermine gallery which lets site users upload there own pics and also members can comment on the individual photos and rate them out of 5. Also the software keeps track of how many views each picture gets. The kayak pics are very popular in comparison to pictures in the other galleries.

5. warrior

warrior New Member

:clown:

6. martin

martin New Member

won't be long before one of you kayakers sus out how to fit an electric outboard on the side of your yaks then you'll not get so tired and distance no problem :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Like this one ?
    [​IMG]
    Some have been playing with not only electric motors but a jetski engine......for me it somewhat defeats the whole ethos of what a yak is might as well go the whole hog an splash out on an Arvor....lol

8. Baramundi Bob

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Allthough i'm not a yacker (YET) it seems to me it would be a bit unfair, for anglers to you's any sort of propulsion apart from man power ,as i think this would unfairly benefit some ,IE less tired when reaching there chosen mark's ,covering the ground more quickly,therefore enabling an angler to allso to fish more marks, it's just a thought when preparing rules for the kyack league, :confused:

10. Baramundi Bob

Great minds think alike Harry. Also there will be no towing either too or from any fishing areas (Unless its the lifeboat).

But its good to see your thinking about it harry and if you think of anything else like this please keep posting your thoughts up.

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Will do glen ,although not yacking yet i am taking a great interest in all things yackee :yes: so when i do get afloat i will be well aware of what needs to be known :cool:

12. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bugger......I was going to blag a lift out to the east scars on the back of my brothers speedboat :cheesy: