1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Tope Hunt Sat 26th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 26, 2008.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

(sorry no pics with this report) following on from Ken's superb midweek catch Myself, Newdave and Basseyken had a session around Tunstall on the holderness coast today after Tope - we went out about 1.5 miles, the sea had a slight lump on but not too bad, and we were not plagued by the dreaded fog - the sea was coloured a long way out and we were just on the edge of the colour and clear water, we struggled to catch mackeral only managing a few but had some frozen as back up, we started fishing as the ebb tide picked up, the fishing was very slow but we all had slight plucks and pulls then nothing, I believe these were Tope, after a while I had my first ever encounter with one of these stunning fish and it lasted a bit longer than my first sexual encounter, I had the tap and plucks like before then a strong pull and the reel screamed off for 3 seconds then the Tope was off, I never got the chance to set the hook, but like the first encounter with the fairer sex, it has certainly wet my appetite for more, after that we soon left to go in - myself and Newdave had first today though managing to take a leak on the yaks, the only other exiting event was Newdave got dumped on the way through the surf much to everyones amusement :canadian: - the lads are going out again tomorrow when hopefully they will be guided by CPS and his motley crew :blindfold: - good luck tomorrow anyone who goes I think you'll all enjoy it :cool:

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

a few tugs and it was all over :whistle: hard luck maybe tomorrow Iain. How did you take in water?

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Bit concerned with all this talk about water sports while afloat, also a little concerned at just how inseperable and close these two have become :laugh: :laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. newdave

newdave Guest

honest its not some kind of ocean going brokeback mountain :no: quints anchor line was a bit short so i put an anchor down with the red pellet on and a further 5m of line after that that we could both clip onto. I will be using the pellet all the time for this type of fishing as it cuts down the slamming of the yak & gives you the option to let go and leave the anchor down if you want to assist some one else. another float is put on the end so hopefully it wont go down with the tide.

word of warning to any of the lads attempting this type of fishing in strong tides, getting your anchor back is an art form that needs thought & practice. it would be quite easy to get it wrong :yes:

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Will try and get 1 of those pellets this morning, you'll have to show me how to rig it Dave

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yers are all mad....... :yes:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Called it of today, thick mist, swell and chop on, looked like winter. Now sat in the garden in scorching heat. . Unbelievable :angry:

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

:surprise:

Ok in Scabby, just thinking of going out for the afternoon

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice up here although mist not far away. Were launching at Runswick at 4.30 should anyone wish to tag along for an evening session.

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Fishing wasnt brilliant for us but it was a really beutiful evening. Fog was never far away though and that was a little concerning at times.