1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kayak Skate Fishing, Loch Crinan, Scotland

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Mar 21, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi all, got up here last night, slept over in the van - not good, the van just isn't long enough :happy: . Woke up to beautiful scenery, decided to launch from Crinan harbour at about 10 am, after speaking to a local tackle dealer this morning i spent the morning in search of a sea trout but alas it wasn't to be.

Bit windy this morning but it dropped this afty, snuck out into the Sound and found myself in 200 ft of water in no time, dropped a bait for the skate but only had half an hour as i got a call from Spud and Curly to say they had turned up.

Back at the digs now, all ready for tomorrow, weather not looking too good but will give it a damn good go.

Got loads of pics but dont have the bandwith to load them at the mo.

Ken

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

good luck ken :happy:

tightlines

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Good luck Ken, looking forward to the reports on this one :cheesy:

4. ohmycod

ohmycod New Member

Good luck Ken. Lived in the North West of Scotland for 17 years. Scenery is stunning.

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Good luck ken,hope you get among the skate , will look forward to reading your report .

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I hear from the man himself he has gone and done it! :cool: Can't wait to read the report :happy: :yes: Big well done to Ken, he really does keep pushing his kayak fishing to new extremes. Excellent angler :cool:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

hope you have a good time lads, hoping you have a good catch you got a big enough fish bag :laugh: :laugh: .

dont let them take you for a tow :laugh:

tight lines

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

thats awesome news. Cant wait to see report and pics

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks guys, got a great story to tell, but internet access is naff up , had a skate tonight while out on my own, was out with the lads today but we got blown off by mid afty, wind slackened at 5pm so i went back out alone.
    Within the hour of tieing off to a bouy in 300 ft of water had a run. Great scrap and at last light got a blimin great skate to the yak, only bout 40 to 50lb, maybe more, lifted it on to my lap, amazing. Pics to follow.

10. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

great news that Ken, big skate in yer lap what more can you ask for. Shame about having to do it on your own though, I always thought the Manchester lads were hard boys :wink: obviously I was wrong :laugh: :laugh:. Have some fun mate and show them other two how hard the East coast boys are.

tight lines mate.

11. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

Ken. looking forward to the full report and photos. Fishing in 300ft and landing big fish is defiantly a challenge. Be safe and tight lines. PNG

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

have a good and safe time ken, really looking forward to this report but dont drop the camera in :laugh:

tight lines

13. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Well done Ken, a just reward for your efforts. :yes:

But it wasn't that rough in the afternoon................... was it ???

:scare: :scare: :scare:

[​IMG]

Oh well you might be right............... :laugh:

Neil.

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Only a baby then Ken :cheesy: :laugh: :laugh: Well done mate, another nice fish for our resident big game angler.

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great stuff Ken, a true specimen hunter cant wait to see your pic's... :cool: :cool:

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done ken ,you certainly know your kyak stuff,hope the picture's turn out ok ,it will make great reading and viewing ,hope you get a few more before your return, well done ,HARRY

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Now that's a proper bit of sea you are fishing in there Lindisfarne :scare: Braver man than me mate

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I was thinking that Sam. It looks proper rough. It only came half as bad for us at Scarborough yesterday and we were straight into shore.

19. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

I was fishing with Ken yesterday, that's him on the right of the picture.... On a Mission !

20. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Here's a TBR that Ken caught earlier in the day, before the wind freshened.

[​IMG]

Neil