1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Safety Meet-A Thank You.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ian Alexander, Sep 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello all,
    Just a quick post to say thanks to Simon (Dorado) and Ken (Bassyken) for taking the time to do the safety meet at Filey on Sunday, your time and effort was very much appreciated. I had a cracking day and learnt so much that it would be impossible to try and list everything. Top blokes.
    Also thanks to the other lads on the meet, Kim (Kipper), Steve (steveCBR) and Brian (Smudger561) for being such good company, it was nice to meet you all.
    Even the weather was good, I have a big fat pink face as proof! Lindisfarne and Spawneybass called in after they had been fishing and it was good to see how people rig their kayaks.
    Thanks again for a very good day :happy:
    Regards Ian.

2. SteveCBR900

SteveCBR900 New Member

Likewise, many thanks to Dorado & Bassyken for the excellent day - gained invaluable tips and techniques that will improve my kayak ability and safety....definately not to be missed by those who havnt yet attended one. Good to meet all the lads that came down over the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it....and living so close to Filey i never realised its potential for Kayaking and definately will be taking the yak out there soon.

3. kipper

kipper New Member

a mutual thanks to simon and ken for what i can only say was a smashing day out on the sea. the invaluable experience gained from excellent teachers has boosed my confident so i shall now stay in the scupper more and spend less time in the water.

i do hope these courses continue,as it would be a shame for others not to get that basic training i have been so fortunate to experience.

cheers ian and all the lads for a great time. see you all soon.

kim.

4. smudger561

smudger561 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all,

I had a great day on Sunday, thanks to the enthusiasm and patience of Simon & Ken and as a complete newbie was made feel very welcome by the the rest of the yakkers I met over the weekend. Big thanks especially to P.N. Gwin & Newyacker.
    I learnt a lot and hopefully more than 3 things will stick with me.
    It was a fantastic start for a beginner, so thanks again.

Cheers,
    Brian.

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Welcome to the forum Brian.....and well done all of you. First time for me to actually help out on a course, thoroughly enjoyed our day together and just amazing watching you all gain so much confidence and skill as the day progressed, I got a real buzz out of it all. Much the student myself, was the first time I've really been out of and messed about in the Dorado, great fun :cheesy: .

See you all out on the water soon I hope

Ken