1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Safety Course - Sunday 27th September

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Sep 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Been speaking with Simon and if there is enough interest we can sort a kayak course for Sunday 27th of September - the day after the Scarborough comp.

First thoughts are for it to be held at Filey Bay / Country Park. If your interested in attending please let us know.

Ken

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Re: Kayak Course - Sunday 27th September

would love to but fishing the sunday match

3. mr softee

mr softee New Member

If anyone who hasn't attended this course before it is an absolute must, get your names down you won't regret it.

4. shammy

shammy New Member

i missed the last one due to work and i don't get back from norway till late sunday afternoon oh well will have to wait till the next one

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Unless anything changes, i'll be there :yes:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Yep, totally agree :yes: I attended the course at Runswick earlier in the year and it was excellent, well worth it.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I was rather sceptical about the last one, and felt that applying common sense is always enough to stay safe (and I still believe that, although I still dont think everyone has a good degree of commen sense). BUT the course is invaluable in that it gives you the ability to test out self rescues and gives lots of tips on staying safe. I came away from the last one very pleased I had done it and having learnt a lot. Im never uncomfortable admitting I was wrong, and I was wrong about the course, its very valuable. Plus its fun and the lads who run it are good for a laugh. Also its a social day.

8. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes I'd like to come down for the course if that's ok.
    Regards Ian.

9. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Its the best £25 I've ever spent. Well worth it and a bloody good laugh too. Highly recommended.

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

as aleady mentioned, its well worth it. If you haven't done the course or have recently got a kayak I recommend you get yourself on this.

and dont forget the money goes to the RNLI

11. kipper

kipper New Member

following my message its fine i will be going i got the dates wrong. the 27th will be fine.

kim.

12. Nemo

Nemo Blenny

Gutted that I missed the last one :sick: but getting a pass out for two days on the yak might be pushing it.............now where is the number for that florist!! :wink:

13. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

definatly a must for anyone who hasnt been on it yet
    great to learn some of the safety aspects and a good laugh too
    highly reccommended

14. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

I'm interested... How long does it take?

Ian

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

its an all day thing Ian, approx 9am to 5pm . you'll really enjoy it

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Yes its a full day as Matty says. Will see if we can get a little interaction with the RNLI if we get a few of us down there. Thanks to all those who have put there name down so far. Ian a fe of us will be staying on the camp site for the weekend too.

ken

17. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

Is it the same day as the all england shore event

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Gotta agree its a real good course to do ....

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

So possibles so far are..

Davo
    Ian Alexander
    Kim
    Nemo
    Ian (Midland Yakker)

Any more for any more? :happy:

Ken

20. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

I would have been really interested Ken but won't be able to make it seen as it clashes with the sunday shore event.
    Cheers
    Mark :sad: