1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak launch site Redcar

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by andym, Feb 17, 2013.

1. andym

andym Rockling

Read lots more interesting articles on Kayak Fishing Here

This launch site allows very easy access to some very good ground, The slip way is located at the end of the coast road if coming from Marske (link to google map here:)

http://goo.gl/maps/zpIFf

Snapshot of parking at the top of the slipway
    [​IMG]

There is a small amount of pay and display parking bays close to the slipway (construction work has made it hard to get to the slip at the moment) and sometimes you can park on the slip itself but use a bit of common sense and keep it free for vehicles that need access to the beach.

Very close parking to the launch slip
    [​IMG]

Parking Charges and info
    [​IMG]

Nice easy slipway

[​IMG]

The view looking down the coast towards Marske/Saltburn cleaner ground down this way but some reefs in front of the groynes plenty of Bass get caught along this part
    [​IMG]

Its a good idea to learn where the scaurs lie as when the tide starts dropping it can start to break over the outer scaurs causing very turbulent water also when the tide is running it can rip through the gaps in the scaurs so its good to get to know the place a bit

But its good to know that Redcar lifeboat station is only a few hundred meters from the launch point and also there is a local coastwatch monitoring the area Sunday mornings is training day for the RNLI at Redcar so they are always buzzing about on the small RIB and the bigger launch and will often pop over for a chat with you just to make sure you are OK

The wind farm is in the process of being installed and is around a mile or so offshore but once the marine life gets going and growing on the structure who knows could be some more good fishing ground

[​IMG]

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Theres a nice launching slipway directly behind the Stray Cafe with free parking

3. andym

andym Rockling

Is there any drop offs between the grass dunes onto the top of the prom/new slip there?

4. johnl

johnl Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great picture of the wind farm

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

yeah ,i thought that too john :yes: :yes:

6. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

That looks a good launch site, no stones, no mounds of weed to get over. It's dead easy for me to get to as well. I look forward to you exploring it and reporting back on its fishing potential, Andy.

7. andym

andym Rockling

Its far too unchallenging launch for me Nigel I like steep hills and even steeper waves :wink:

8. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good informative post thanks for posting jeff

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

NO , its straight off the new prom

10. andym

andym Rockling

Just been and checked it out not too bad but the chicanes the council have installed have made it a lot harder ok if theres a couple of you

11. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Launched from this spot in a boat in the past, i parked along on the stray, its free and only a short walk.
    Talking to the local fishermen landing at high is a pain as it crashes onto the ramp, they all land bit before high onto the beach, not sure if it would be an issue in the yak though. just one to look out for

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!