1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak fishing today, summer isn't over yet!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

A very good mate of mine is up visiting this week, he likes kayaking and he likes fishing but doesn't get the chance to mix the two together. So with a slight break in the wind and permission from my brother to lend his kayak it was game on for a spot of kayak fishing today.
    The wind had increased from yesterday's forecast but it was very much doable so pressed ahead. We arrived pretty much on low water this morning with the plan to fish the flood, wasn't to long before we were on the water.
    For the first 4hrs or so the wind was quite strong with 20mph gusts making the drifts short and the paddle back to the start long! Ideally it would be the other way round but with the choice of either putting up with the wind or no fishing at all I'll take the windy day :yes:

Mike enjoying his chance to get out kayak fishing:

[​IMG]

Wasn't long before he was finding the Pollock :happy:

[​IMG]

Between us we were picking up fish on just about every drift, most being in the 2-5lb range but they provided plenty of entertainment so we weren't complaining. The highlight though was landing a new pb Pollock which I'm well pleased with.

A new pb of 11lb 1oz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was probably one of my most productive days fishing in ages, I lost count of the amount of Pollock I had. Some fell to jellyworms where as quite a lot of the smaller fish fell to plugs on the paddle back in. Mike managed to land plenty of fish with Pollock to 5lb so he was well chuffed. Overall a cracking days fishing though I'm feeling it now!

Summer can stick around for a bit longer!! :yes:

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done on the Pb Sam............

3. rupert

rupert Blenny

Great stuff Sam! That pollock is a real belter - bet you knew you had that bad boy on!

You should fish with Mike more often.

He seems to get you to raise your game with another PB virtually every time he visits. :educated:

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Very well done sam thats a belting fish by any standards

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

congratulations on your PB sam cracking day out tightlines Alain

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done Sam. Cracking fish. Good that one did not put another hole in Yak. Lol

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

oh you had to go and beat me didnt you you little tinker!

but seriously, well done bud, a cracking fish! :yes:

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Rupert, aye it did go bud. Pollock know how to give a good scrap! Will let Mike know that he needs to fish with me more often :yes:

lol @ Ducky and Matty (sorry bud)

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Congratulations Sam, youve had some belting fish this year. Weathers still looking good so maybe a few more opportunities yet as well.

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Cracking fish Sam lad... Don't you just love them powerhouse Pollack that first initial dive is just breathtaking.. :happy: :happy:

11. Mick

Mick They're out there!

That's a clonker Sam, well done mate. :yes:

12. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Thats some fish, Sam... Well done matey.

13. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

11lb pollack with a 13 stone pillock ha ha nice fish there sam well done mate

14. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done m8 on the p.b propa cracking fish :yes:

15. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, welldone sam thats a cracker

16. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats a hell of a fish sam well done.

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Top fishing again Sam, you really are a big fish magnet :happy:

Ken

18. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

top fishing well done

19. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Shot Sam, well done.

Jim

20. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cracking fish Sam, well done :yes:. Wanted to get out myself, but when the wind dropped, work picked up :angry: