1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak fishing this weekend

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jul 9, 2008.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Going to try and get out this weekend if conditions allow. Going to take the caravan up the coast for the weekend, not sure exactly were yet, maybe Flamboro, possibly Filey Country Park, quite like that site. Hoping to tag along with 'our Sam' the cod bagging machine on Saturday up to Runswick and then probably further south on Sunday, again if conditions allow. Will put in around the northern end of Brid Bay if weather that bad.

Simon is coming up (aka Dorado) and its an opportunity to show the southern lad what real Yorkshire yak fishing is all about :wink: :laugh:

Come and join us if you can :happy:

Ken

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Changing all the time on MSW, not looking too bad for saturday but swell rising on sunday, might have to set my stall out to fish north end of Brid Bay on sunday and if things change for the better then take advantage of it.

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, like you say it's changing all the time :crazy: At the moment Saturday looks spot on so fingers crossed it'll stay like that :pray:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Wish we could get some idea what the viz would be like out there on saturday Sam, wondering if it will be worth taking a bit of bait :sad:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Could be worth taking some bait Ken, even if it's just to add a little to the hokki's. Would prefer crystal clear water of course but the way the sea is and all this rain really isn't helping :sad:

6. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

visibility was poor today.i went out of staithes and it was murky out to about 3/4 miles

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Saturday looks like a no go, weather forecast is not grand :sad: but Sunday looks good but it's changing all the time so I won't hold my breath just yet :angry:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Its cr*p isn't it. I've booked the cvan onto The Grange camping site, Bempton Lane, Flamborough as its inland a bit and sheltered plus its a bit closer to south landing way were there may be a chance of getting out. Will see how it goes, keep in touch Sam.

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Saturday is pretty much a no go for Runswick at the moment but looks spot on for Sunday though, see how it goes. If nothing much changes then I think myself and Matty will fish Runswick on Sunday.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

ok mate, I'm up for that too but were you getting your info from? MSW still showing it a bit lumpy :vomit: by my interpretation. Am I watching the wrong sites ? :happy:

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye sunday looks a bit lumpy to me too. when i see the stars on the surf forecast on MSW i start to worry!

http://magicseaweed.com/Whitby-Surf-Report/23/detailedLongRange/uk/

12. newdave

newdave Guest

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I guess we'll make a decision on Saturday, as usual the forecast can change an awful lot from now until then :sad:

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well dragged the old caravan up to Flamboro, will be doing our damdest to get out both saturday and sunday, maybe friday night too, as long as it safe to launch.

15. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

check this site out lad's.It's for loftus which is 5 miles north of runswick.
    I find it more accurate than tragicseaweed

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/loftus

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Had a bit of a walk in Robin hoods bay tonight and the sea was flat with no wind down there. Would have made a lovely plugging evening in the bay but the water still looks very coloured. There seems to be a lot of silt on the scars this summer and the slightest chop is lifting it into the water.

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye i did much the same Glenn, had a wander down to Selwicks Bay and then around to south landing, both sides of the head flat but coloured up, funny, the south side was much more coloured up than the north side and there was a great visible line were the tides were meeting up behind the lighthouse down here at Flamboro.

You going to come out and have a paddle with us this weekend Glenn, providing its not too bad to launch?

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes thanks for the invite Ken, I would enjoy that. Keep us posted on the launch place and times :happy: :happy: