1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing Session - Redcar - 07 Sep 14

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Crazy Stu, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Crazy Stu

Crazy Stu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I had a quick session off Redcar on Sunday just gone. It was my first time at Redcar so wasn't sure quite what to expect. I headed out at low tide to get an idea of where the scaurs were and ended up at the Dimitris wreck which was sticking up out of the water by about 4 feet. With nothing taking I then headed towards the wind farm and managed to find a few fish just level with the wind farm row furthest away from the beach. First up were a few Mackerel then followed by a couple of Pollack, the largest being a few pounds, which annoyingly wriggled free whilst on the yak. All in all it was a good session, plenty of fish, although nothing massive the action was pretty much non stop once I found the fish. I also had a bit of fun just bouncing a 50g spinner off the sea bed on a light spinning rod catching Mackerel and Codling. Wasn't so happy getting tipped out on to Redcar beach and losing about 15 Makkie though. :-[ especially with an audience of onlookers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also a video. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=JO1crgj7ZQY

2. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Loved the way that pollack lulled you into a false sense of security, waited til his head was pointing at the water and went for it ;D ;D

3. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report mate enjoyed the vid,

4. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate nice little sesh, nowt worse than getting dumped in front of a audience.

5. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

Great vid and looks like you had some non-stop fishing action. It is a bit embarrassing when you get dumped in front of an audience, even worse when you get back up with hokkais and lures stuck all over your body and line wrapped round your legs.

6. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

glad you enjoyed it catching nowt at the gare Mackie from morrisons for this winter

7. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

May i ask what the camera set your using is please ??

as i have been using a normal camera in a waterproof pouch so far and am fed up of messing about and it will only be a matter of time before i either lose it over the side or drown it

thanks for posting . Good day out , some good fish there

Simon

8. Crazy Stu

Yes that would be worse. Annoyingly I also snapped one of my built in rod holders as the rods were still set up in the holders when it flipped.

9. Crazy Stu

I use a GoPro 3 silver edition at the moment. It does the job quite well but the wireless feature can be very temperamental at times (the new GoPro 3+ may be better). You really need to use a Smartphone to preview and line up your shots. Battery life is reasonable, I get about 3 hours 20 with the additional battery pack. About 1 hour 20 without. I've recently bought a battery replacement cable so I can plug it into a USB battery pack. This now gives me about 9 hours continuous recording on a 64gb sd card. Long enough for a full days session. To be honest I think they are over priced, especially the accessories but what else is there out there? If you discover owt better let me know.

10. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for the Answer Crazy Stu .

I have been looking at Intova Camera Range as they seem just as reasonable but not a Techno geezer so still trying to Compare but a Bit Cheaper .
    sorry carnt seem to post a link but loads on Ebay .

Thanks .

Simon .