1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KAYAK FISHING SANDSEND AGAIN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Apr 5, 2009.

1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

It was quite a late start for us today as damo had work untill dinnertime, anyway we decided on sandsend again due to our sucess a couple of weeks ago. we launched at around 1 o clock and had a steady paddle to our chosen mark.

while out there wildcard came over to see if we had caught anything. didnt realise how fast she was, we thought she was going to plough straight through us.

third cast produced the first fish for damo, a cod of around 3 lbs but that was it for him.

my fisrt fish came soon after, a wrasse of 3lbs (a first ever wrasse for me :happy: ) and then i was quickly into another fish a cod of 3lbs again.

this was the end of fishing for today as the wind swung round easterly and put quite abit of movement on the water so we decided to head in. (better to be safe than sorry)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nicely done mate, good to see a couple of fish for ya :happy:

The Wrasse scrap well don't they?

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well don Dan/Damo, good fishing, there really is not many cod about at the mo are there, nice wrasse, lovely looking fish arent they?

ken

4. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one lads good to see you getting into some fish. :happy:

5. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

good sized wrasse. What bait did it take dan???

6. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

well done lads

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

my fav cocktail crab and gully

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Dan

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one lads, you always seem to be into fish :cool: :cool:

10. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

it makes a difference to standing on a rock in the middle of winter freezing your balls off catching bugger all

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice to see a wrasse come out Dan. I always think of them as a summer species. Well done to you both. Where did you get your bricks from today ? Some poor pensioners garden wall no doubt.

12. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

Hiya Dan, I just came over to see who it was :embarrass:

Alan

13. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Well done to both of you, couple of fish and a nice day out.

14. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nope but someone left some window weights next to all the building work in the car park so we thought we better put them in the car boot so no one fell over them :whistle:

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ahh, its nice to see people so community spirited these days. You've probably saved someone from a nasty accident.

16. Wildcard

We steamed up with a bag of fillets for you about 6.25pm - but you were gone. :whatever:

Alan

17. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

yeh, the wind picked up easterly so we headed in around 5

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

That was nice of you Alan, hope to see you out near Fillet Tail sometime soon - and a coffee and hot dog will never be refused :wink: :cheesy: but seriously it is nice to know there are friendly faces out there sometimes. Would be nice to have more interaction between the charter skippers and the yakkers. What channel do most the skippers use up and down this coast?

Ken

19. Wildcard

The working ship to ship channels are 6 and 8 Ken. But with the new radios it is possible for skippers to contact each other privately.

Alan

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: very funny, lmao at least they will keep the brick company in work :tease: