1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing on the East & N East Coast ....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Volusian, Apr 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Hi all .....

I run the website www.kayakfishing.co.uk and am based in Kingston Upon Hull. We regularly from marks off Withernsea, Bridlington, Flamborough, Cayton Bay, Whitby ..etc ...

Its nice to see another fishing related website covering our area. Do any of you lads use kayaks for fishing or is it more shore and ledge based fishing.

I used to be a regular at Whitby every month fishing off Alan's original Shy Torque .... not been on his sons new boat but it looks nice.

Myself and some of our members are at Whitby this coming saturday 21st launching from the marina around 1pm. Some others are off to Wales for the Tope fishing weekend off the kayaks so we will not full attendance. We will fish the marks just under the abbey up to 500 yds out. Any idea what is biting there lately .. ?

Anyone interested in kayak fishing are welcome to come chat to us on the Marina slipway at Whitby at around 11.30am on the 21st April and also see one or 2 Rigged kayaks ..

All the best .... keith

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hi Keith. There,s only Quint on this site as far as I know who goes Kayak fishing but Im hoping to pick his brains as I am intrested in giving it a go as it looks great fun. As reguards info, some of the locals may pass some on later, Im from Scarborough. I will hopefully come and see you on Sat then I can pick your brains too ;D . Look forward to seeing you. Ray.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Should be interesting. Hope the weather works out for you Volusion - currently looks like it may be a bit swelly. There must be some excellent summer marks around here with the kelp beds you know. Runswick and Kettleness spring instantly to mind.

4. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Hmmm ... lets hope the swell aint too high... ::) ... we dont mind so much swell. Lets hope the fish are on form and hungry for out hooks. Hopefully should be a good day under the Cliffs near the Abbey ..... unless that is you know a better area ... ? ;D

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

sounds good...hope the weather holds for you`s.

6. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Seeing as the Whitby was cancelled due to decent swell myself and mate went to Cayton Bay and Scarborough for a look to see if we could launch anywhere. The Surf at Scarborough was enormous ! ..

We went back to Cayton Bay and launched at the south side of the bay where it was sheltered a little from the breeze. The sea was low tide and all the rocky Reefs were clearly visible. We fished there for about an hour in around 9ft of water but lost some end tackle due to the high volume of kelp beds there. The waves past the reef was quite big but again the bay was sheltered. As the tide rose the surf and swell broke over the reef to make it difficult in the Bay so we packed up and did a little surfing under the steps. The beach was packed to capacity by surfers and kayaks surfers. It was good to watch as some of them are very experienced indeed.

Anyway ... another lost day as regards fishing so now hoping to get out possibly during next week or weekend.

... that is if the North Sea relents and allows it ...!

Steve coming through surf ok ..

http://www.kayakfishing.co.uk/pictures/video/surf.wmv

Steve NOT coming through - tipping in the surf ..... ( don't laugh ;D )

http://www.kayakfishing.co.uk/pictures/video/surf2.wmv

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!