1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak fishing league banter

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Feb 22, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Come on Glenn, lets have the rules and requirements :cheesy: Carnt wait to see the format :cheesy:

Ken

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You will have to wait a wee while longer yet Ken :surprise: :laugh:. I plan to release details in stages leading up to the start date. We have also sourced another 2 sponsors today thanks to Ducky. I'm working on a couple more locally.

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well i am glad i could help. :yes: its just a shame i can not enter and win all these prizes :laugh: :laugh: :cheesy:.

good look to all that enter.

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

If it's banter you want I'll start it :evil: been to the engravers today to tell them of my requirements, they need to know the size of the trophy I'm getting :evil: it's mine your all garbage :evil: save your time lads go flattie bashing on Brid pier :evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: "Quintus: The Number One Yak Filler 2009" :evil:

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

may I be the first to congratulate you on your outstanding win Iain. I think I'll put the kayak away no point in using it now :wink:

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Dream on sonny jim, you peaked way back in 2007 :butt: , its mine I tell you, all mine, my precious - oh as long as we can handicap that Spawney bloke who has nothing better to do all day other than laze about on his yak all summer :tease: :kiss: .

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

sorry to say to all you yakers. but i am winning the league i may not have a yak but i will give it a good go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i would look your yaks over for small drill holes :whistle: :butt: :laugh:

good look all

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

And here's me thinking of plucking up the courage to have a bash at it :scared: well if it's allready sorted :sad: but never mind :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i will get atrophy for Quint for the tallest story so far :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Any type of wool should be banned :baby:

10. Baramundi Bob

You poor deluded soul

11. quint

Your all gonna get fleeced

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice to see you use proper colours for your wooly lures Iain :wink:

13. quint

Yeah Matty they're great at getting down to the bottom

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

got to hand it to you, good response :laugh:

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

yes by me i have already told you i have it in the bag, :yes: if any one wants lessons i will gladly help. also do sabotage :evil: :evil: (small fee involved ther towards the forum)

quint wont win cos by the time he has finished on here he will be to big for the yak :laugh: :laugh:

16. kipper

kipper New Member

any bets that Iain will be water licked this year. no fish and coming last?

17. Baramundi Bob

It would be daft to bet against Iain, but even dafter to bet against Sambo Baxter. The man was untouchable last summer. There's a few runners this year. Maybe one of the newbies will pick up some beginners luck and kick all our ar$es. I cant wait to get going. Lets hop that April ain't like last year, so we can get some decent fishing in right from the start.

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

any hints as to the format Glenn. One thing I'm worried abotu id I can only get out at weekends and the odd evening and obviously that depends on conditions. Is it gonna be fair to the people who cant fish as much as others?

not that it matters to me I'll be nowhere near winning, I'll be spending too much time farting about with my fly rod!

19. Baramundi Bob

Oh yes Matty, It will definitely be fair. I'm like you in that I have to work and balance family life so can only get out on some evening and weekends. I also need to get a lot of crab in the freezer.

There will be a lot more to it than this, but basically its points based and looking at targeting species. Only your top 3 fish will count for each species but there will be extra points for employing diverse methods such as popping, livebaiting,float fishing and fly fishing. We might even have points for bass on a picolo eel. There will also be monthly target species or method.

Basically you fish as you always do and your top 3 fish from each species gather points for the league. You have 6 months of fishing so no pressure at all. The heavier your fish the more points it gets you.

Catch and release is possible but only mandatory on non edible species. Local byelaws apply for tope.

After 1st place in the league I aim to spread the prizes out so that everyone has a chance at something. It will be fun - I guarantee.

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

sounds great Glenn, really looking forward to it :yes: