1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing In Norway At Skarnsundet

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by skarnsundet, Mar 10, 2014.

1. skarnsundet

skarnsundet Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Im going to work it so I pick you up from the train station, which is 1 hour and 20 min train journey from the airport, take you to Skarnsundet and then return you to the station at the end of your holiday.

Or I can do an airport transfer!

Cheers

Phill

www.nordicsportfishing.com

2. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

use google translate to read it

http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/Apner-ny-batrute-fra-Norge-til-England-7366288.html#.Ux8vQPldV9B

;)

3. pavel1983

pavel1983 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Finally :) It is always much more comfortable to pack up the cart and go , even flights are cheaper and quicker. No limitation on all gears and mobility. Thanks casper for the link!

4. skarnsundet

Thats true, but if you have a limit on the amount of days holidays, then saving time is a big factor. What I'm trying to do is make kayak fishing in Norway available to everyone. For a long wkend or a ten day stay. When I started fishing in Norway I used to get the ferry from Newcastle but it meant four days of traveling to get to Bergen.

Cheers

Phill

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

How much would you say a 5 - 7 day break would cost, flights, transfers, gear, accommodation, kayak and rod hire, food, drink etc. What total can you put on that ?

6. skarnsundet

The package that I offer includes:

Accomadation
    Kayak
    Sonar
    Rod
    Transfer

Thats 600Nok per night (60GBP PER NIGHT) X 5 = 300

Flights = 130 GBP

Food = 100 GBP

Total cost = 530 GBP

I think you could probably do it cheaper with the food as you could bring a cool box full of food and take fish back with you!

Cheers

Phill

7. pavel1983

pavel1983 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats sound really good. I wonder if it is allowed to carry fishing fillets in check in baggage if you want to take some home, eg. Ryanair does not allow take fish. Any chance to have a boat instead a kayak? Never been kayaking before at sea, but with a good teacher shouldnt take a long to learn the basicks.

Tap Tap from my MI2

8. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just for info lads

i work for a Shipping Company DFDS Seways down in Immingham on the Humber , there are 2 sailings a week to Brevik in Norway Via Gothenburg , and numerous sailings to Gothenburg in Sweeden which ive been told is not too long a drive up through Norway if you wanted to drive .

Spawney Dave went a few years back through DFDS so might be worth asking him about it .

Sailing on a cargo ferry but food and cabins are good as quite new ships - if anyone neeeds any info let me know and i will try and help .

Simon

9. Baramundi Bob

Simon, how long does it take to get to Norway on your boat ??

10. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bob from imnigham it will be about a 19 hour crossing brevik is on the east coast , i thought they only did frieght ,, i wouldnt mind some info about that ferry please ;)

11. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

did a bit of Asking at work today lads - the ships Leaves Immingham at 05:00 on a Sunday Morning and arrives in Brevik Monday morning at 08:00

ship leaves Immingham 05:00 Wednesday morning and Arrives in Brevik at 22:00 Thursday evening as it goes Via Gothenburg -

its not cheap though 350 one way :eek: includes car but isnt any cheaper as a foot passenger BUT booking is Essential and you can book up to 3 months in Advance .

there are departures to Gothenburg in Sweeden and its still around the same price unfortunatley
    here are the contact details if anyone wants them

01469 552698
    www.dfds.com

hope this helps

Simon

12. merryfisher

merryfisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very excited about this trip, going on 24th April. I too looked at driving but it's the two days each way on top of the time there that I'd struggle with. I like the concept of turn up with your drysuit and favorite reel and off you go. Dale has got a trailer and will take you to the marks where bouys are in place. I'm sure there's scope for more adventurous paddling but lets see how it goes.

You are allowed 1l of spirits with you so Vodka is on my list. I'm hoping to be dining on fish. Fishing off the jetty to the front of the accomodation is excellent too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYWcrVGdyGU

Oh and flatties

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgoKYZlCrjs

13. Baramundi Bob