1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing - How To Rig Up My Drogue ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I have aquired one of new daves fantastic drogues. The only thing that stands between me and improved catches :cheesy: is rigging the thing to my yak. I noticed that Bassy Ken has a sort of pulley system. How would I go about setting this up for my yak and what do I need to buy ?

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Re: How To Rig Up My Drogue ?

Anchor trolley system Glenn, I think that is what you are meaning.
    A couple of good articles on other sites ,one on Anglersafloat with a detailed "how to ".

Basically you need a couple of stainless cleats from the chandlers, 2 x single pulley wheels, 2 short lengths of shock cord and a length of 5-6mm rope and a stainless ring and a caribiner.

There should be a couple of mounting options either end of the yak for you to fasten the cleats to,then put the shock cord through the pulley and tie off to the cleat so that the shockcord is fastened to the bracket of the pulley leaving the wheel clear.Repeat for the opposite end.then tie the ring to one end of the rope and then pull the rope so that the shock cords are just under tension and then tie the caribiner to the other end of the rope. Now the caribiner clips to the stainless ring and you have a loop of roop running through the pulleys the length of the yak.You can now from your seat put either your drogue or anchor rope into the caribiner and then pulling either top or bottom of the rope feed the caribiner and the rope to either fore or aft of the yak.
    I ve put one on each side so that I can vary where I anchor according to where I m sat fishing.

[​IMG]
    Not very clear but you can see the pulleys and rope tied to the ring and caribiner just on this pic.

Cheers Dave.

3. robq

robq Rockling

This is the instructions that I followed on the anglers afloat site Glenn and my trolley system is spot on :yes: just make sure that you firt it the opposite side to which you sit side saddle.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

4. Baramundi Bob

Thanks lads, I will purchase the required equipment tomorrow and get on fitted.

5. Baramundi Bob

Ok I got most of the equipment but the guy in the shop had a problem with 1 item and says he needs some more information. This being a :

1 x Holt alanite control line cam cleat.

Can anyone post a picture or an item number for this please ?

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sorry forgot to mention the cam cleat for locking off the anchor line.

This is the thing you need Glenn.

[​IMG]

Cheers Jellyworm

7. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Somewhere I have a done a feature on using a drogue (OK one of the ones we make and sell) with step by step pictures of how to use it....only I have been trying to use the search feature ot find it. I can't work these blasted machines!

Someone find that thread with the pictures for me please so he can see it. Thanks,

8. spud

spud New Member

9. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Thanks Spud, i knew I could count on someone....but why did the search not bring it up?

10. Baramundi Bob

It depends what you search for and where from Simon :happy: If you go to the forum home page and type in kayak drogue in the search bar it shows up.

Thanks for the drogue topic by the way it is very interesting. Ive now got all the equipment to rig up this anchor trolley. All I need now is some spare time, which is one thing that dont seem to come along too often at the moment. 11pm and Im just in from bloody Asda. Women do your head in :wink: :happy: