1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak fishing for Pollock and Ben gets double

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Sambo, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Read Fantastic Kayak Fishing Articles And Reports Here

Just returned from a short but successful Pollock trip (well, for Ben anyway). We arrived at noon with the plan to fish jellyworms until slack then try and sourse some sandeels for livebaiting on the ebb.
    The water was crystal and with no wind things were looking good, short 5mins paddle out and we were on the pollock grounds. Fishing was slow with me landing a couple of wee pollock and bumping off a couple more takes, Ben was fishing some 300yds away when I heard an almighty "SAMMMM!". Turned round thinking he had fallen in to see his rod bent double with another call of "NETTTT!!" :laugh:

Paddled over as quick as I could just in time for when the fish had given up, 2secs later and the fish is in the net. Straight away you could tell it was a double and what a fish it was.

Weighed in at 13lb 6oz, belter of a fish :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the conditions shown got quite nasty so we called it a day, shame our session was cut short but Benjie had a cracking fish so worth it just for that. Well done bud :yes:

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Ben.......WOW thats some Pollock. You lads a certainly lifting the bar this season..... :cool: Bet it went like an express train.. :surprise:

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Hell of a beast Ben, well done lad

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A fantastic Pollack there , very well done , it would be nice if those Bass fought as well :yes: :wink:

5. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers lads,

Aye it was a fight like none Ive ever experienced before. It hit it like a train, then took a second to realise things were not quite right...then it took off and was unstoppable, I was anxious not to let it break my leader as I was using 15lb (will be upping it next time just so I feel a little more confident during those neck breaking crash dives) so I let it take a lot of line, also it appeared to drag me uptide by quite a bit. was a good 10+ minute fight and that time was needed to let Sam get over to me with his net. after countless "final crash dives" it was in the net and I was able to look on the biggest seafish Ive caught to date.

Not one I will be forgetting for a long time and one PB that i doubt I'll ever beat

Got to give my thanks to Sam as without him and his net I doubt I would have got the bloody thing onboard

Still grinning now :cheesy: :cheesy:

6. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bloody fantastic fish m8 ,that must be worth some type of award ,,on a kayak as well superb fish

7. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Superb fish Ben well done !

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Superb stuff ben. Welcome to the double figure pollack club !

9. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fish mate well done. Them scaurs are producing a good stamp of fish

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done Ben. That's going to take some beating.

11. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

What dreams are made of.... well done mate.

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Fantastic achievement very well done.

13. newdave

newdave Guest

awsome fish Ben, well done :yes:

14. bucko

bucko New Member

Excellent fish Ben- very well done!

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

An amazing fish, most of us always thought double figure pollock were a distinct possibility up this coast and here you guys are proving them all right.......well done lads, stonking fish Ben, double figure cod year before last, double figure pollock this year - for Gods sake don't take up bass fishing next year :cheesy:

Ken

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I can only imagine what that felt like. Quality fish, a big well done.

17. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done ben nice one mate

18. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One hell of a fish mate well done.

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Great fishing Lads , and what a whopper for Ben, well done :cool:

20. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish well done.